Raymond Joseph Delahoussaye
June 30, 1927 – February 24, 2020
NEW IBERIA- A Mass of Christian Burial will be conducted for Raymond Joseph Delahoussaye, age 92, at 10:00 am on Friday, February 28, 2020 at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church. Fr. Gary Schexnayder will officiate at the service. Burial will follow at Our Lady of the Lake Cemetery in Delcambre.
A native and resident of New Iberia Mr. Delahoussaye passed away on Monday, February 24, 2020 at 1:48 am at Ochsner Medical Center.
Visitation will be held on Thursday from 4:00 pm until 9:00 pm with a Rosary at 6:00 pm at Evangeline Funeral Home. The funeral Home will reopen on Friday at 8:00 am until 9:30 am.
Mr. Delahoussaye was a veteran of the US Army who served his country faithfully during the Korean Conflict. He was a member of Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, the American Legion Post 0335 and a founding member of New Iberia Little League. Raymond was employed at Cleco as a Line Foreman and retired after 41 years. He enjoyed duck hunting, fishing, hunting, baseball, softball, horse racing and rooster fights. His love for the outdoors was evident in the garden that he worked until he was 89 years old. Upon his retirement he looked forward to visiting with his family whom he loved dearly. He also enjoyed his spending time with friends at Hardee’s every morning and visits with his two brothers.
He is survived by three daughters, Jenny D. Henry; Mona D. Rodrigue and husband Jimmy and Angie D. Stein and husband Kenny; one son, Joey Delahoussaye and wife Norma; eleven grandchildren, Shantel H. Oliveri and husband Marc; Ryan Henry and wife Mindy; Erin H. Vaughan and husband Jason; Kevin Rodrigue and wife Erin; Jenee R. Romero and husband Brice; Hanna R. Richardson and husband Lance; Brittney S. Lasseigne and husband Brennan; Mason Stein; Ramsey Stein; Hunter Delahoussaye and Connor Delahoussaye; twelve great grandchildren, Sam Oliveri; Jaggar Henry; Jonas Henry; Layla Henry; Kannon Vaughan; Kinleigh Vaughan; Ryder Rodrigue; Charlotte Rodrigue; Quinn Romero; Jhy Romero; Kaleb Richardson; Rylee Lasseigne and baby boy Lasseigne to arrive in May; two step great grandchildren, Baylan Vaughan and Rowen Beslin; one brother, Harry Delahoussaye and wife Hazel and his sister in law, Lou Anna Delahoussaye.
He was preceded in death by his wife of 64 years, Glory Saunier Delahoussaye; one son, Saul James Delahoussaye; parents, Clodo “Nego” and Editha Hulin Delahoussaye; brother, Junius Delahoussaye and his son in law, Larry Henry.
Mr. Raymond’s grandsons will serve as pallbearers.
Donations may be made in Raymond’s memory to a charity of your choice.
To view the on-line obituary and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Jenny D. Henry, Daughter
- Mona D. Rodrigue & Jimmy, Daughter
- Angie D. Stein & Kenny, Daughter
- Joey Delahoussaye & Norma, Son
- Shantel H. Oliveri & Marc, Grandchild
- Ryan Henry & Mindy, Grandchild
- Erin H. Vaughn & Jason, Grandchild
- Kevin Rodrigue & Erin, Grandchild
- Jenee R. Romero & Brice, Grandchild
- Hanna R. Richardson & Lance, Grandchild
- Brittney S. Lasseigne & Brennan, Grandchild
- Mason Stein, Grandchild
- Ramsey Stein, Grandchild
- Hunter Delahoussaye, Grandchild
- Connor Delahoussaye, Grandchild
- Harry Delahoussaye & Hazel, Brother
- Lou Anna Delahoussaye, Sister-in-law
- Glory Saunier Delahoussaye, Wife (deceased)
- Saul James Delahoussaye, Son (deceased)
- Clodo "Nego" Delahoussaye, Father (deceased)
- Editha Hulin Delahoussaye, Mother (deceased)
- Junius Delahoussaye, Brother (deceased)
- Larry Henry, Son-in-law (deceased)
- Mr. Delahoussaye is also survived by twelve great grandchildren, Sam Oliveri; Jaggar Henry; Layla Henry; Kannon Vaughan; Kinleigh Vaughan; Ryder Rodrigue; Charlotte Rodrigue; Quinn Romero; Jhy Romero; Kaleb Richardson; Rylee Lasseigne and baby boy Lasseigne to arrive in May abd two step great grandchildren, Baylan Vaughan and Rowen Beslin.
- Visitation Thursday, February 27, 2020
- Rosary Thursday, February 27, 2020
- Visitation Friday, February 28, 2020
- A Mass of Christian Burial Friday, February 28, 2020
Raymond Joseph Delahoussaye
February 25, 2020
Mr. Raymond was my coach in Little League Baseball. He taught us discipline and that winning no was not everything. He said that we work as a team and then we become winners. I still remember that today. I would see him at Church and he always had nothing but kind words. He is a very kind and gentle man. God has called up an angel.
Earlene & Charles Cheek
February 25, 2020
We are so very sorry for your loss. I have only fond memories of him. He was a great man. Praying for the family.