Rosie Dorsey Viator
September 15, 1931 – June 2, 2021
NEW IBERIA – Rosie Dorsey Viator, a loving mother, grandmother, and great grandmother, passed away peacefully in the early morning hours on Tuesday, June 2, 2021 at Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center surrounded by family. She was 89.
A native and resident of New Iberia, Rosie was born on September 15, 1931 to the late Joseph Sr. and Rose Landry Dorsey and was one of six children. She lived a simple life and was an avid homebody who enjoyed watching TV, reading, and doing crosswords. Rosie was a kind and caring woman and will be truly and deeply missed by all those who knew and loved her.
She is survived by her six children, Ernest P. Viator, Jr. (Bonnie), Edward S. Viator, Neil A. Viator, Patricia Viator, Pamela Viator, and Alberta Louviere (Robert); grandchildren, Sharie Begnaud, Brandon Viator, Ashlee Viator, Starla Domingue, Nicole Viator, Nikki Viator, Michelle Viator, Jessica Wall, and Amanda Louviere; and twelve great grandchildren.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Ernest P. Viator, Sr., grandchildren, Michelle Viator and Renee Viator; brother, Joseph Dorsey, Jr., and sisters, Anna Thorman, Rita Van Brocklin, Harriet Hebert, and Carmella Dorsey.
A Celebration of Life Gathering will be held for Rosie on Monday, June 7, 2021 from 1:00 pm until 4:00 pm at Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia.
To view the on-line obituary and sign the guest register, please visit www.evangelinefuneralhome.com.
Evangeline Funeral Home of New Iberia is in charge of arrangements.
- Ernest P. Viator (Bonnie), Son
- Edward S. Viator, Son
- Neil A. Viator, Son
- Patricia Viator, Daughter
- Pamela Viator, Daughter
- Alberta V. Louviere (Robert), Daughter
- Sharie Viator Begnaud, Grandchild
- Brandon Viator, Grandchild
- Ashlee Viator, Grandchild
- Starla Domingue, Grandchild
- Nicole Viator, Grandchild
- Nikki Viator, Grandchild
- Michelle Viator, Grandchild
- Jessica Wall, Grandchild
- Amanda Louviere, Grandchild
- Ernest P. Viator, Sr., Husband (deceased)
- Michelle Viator, Grandchild (deceased)
- Renee Viator, Grandchild (deceased)
- Joseph Dorsey, Sr., Father (deceased)
- Rose Landry Dorsey, Mother (deceased)
- Joseph Dorsey, Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Anna Thorman, Sister (deceased)
- Rita Van Brocklin, Sister (deceased)
- Harriet Hebert, Sister (deceased)
- Carmella Dorsey, Sister (deceased)
- Mrs. Viator also leaves behind to cherish her memory, tweleve great grandchildren.
A Celebration of Life Gathering
Monday, June 7, 2021
Rosie Dorsey Viator
June 8, 2021
Please accept my condolences for the passing of your Mom. I think of you often and wish the best for all.
June 3, 2021
Edward and family, I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I will remember you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.