Olive Irene Larson
December 4, 1928 – August 31, 2019
Olive Irene Larson, age 90, passed away and went to rest on Aug. 31, 2019. Her passing was at home, in New Plymouth, ID, with her family by her bedside. A viewing will be held from 4 pm to 7 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 17th at Shaffer-Jensen Memory Chapel, 329 S. Plymouth Ave., New Plymouth, ID. A funeral service will be held at 10 am, Wednesday, Sept. 18th at the above location. The committal service will follow at 2 pm at the Idaho State Veterans Cemetery, Boise. Condolences may be made to Olive’s family at www.shaffer-jensenchapel.com.
Olive Stogsdill was born in Claremore, OK on Dec. 4, 1928 to Walter and Beulah Stogsdill. She was the youngest of seven children (four sisters and two brothers). In the mid 1930’s, the family moved to Denver, CO, and a few years later on, to Portland, OR, where she met her sweetheart, George. Olive and George were married on March 24, 1953, and shared an unwavering affection and love for each other, for over 64 years until George passed away, in 2017. They were blessed with four children: Winford “Lee”, Michael, David and Tammy.
Olive had several vocations, besides being a loving mother and wife. She worked at a Greeting Card Company, at a Cauliflower Packing Plant, and took great pride in being one of the best waitresses, with her friendly and bright service to her customers. She enjoyed board games, traveling, music, reading, and the company of family and friends.
Olive is survived by her children Michael (Sandra) Larson of Lenexa, KS, David Larson of New Plymouth, ID, and Tammy (Butch) McDaniel of New Plymouth, ID; eight grandchildren, 26 great grandchildren; many cousins, nieces and nephews; and a host of loyal friends, whom she dearly loved.
Olive is preceded in death by her eldest son Winford “Lee”; her husband George; her parents Walter and Beulah Stogsdill; and her six older siblings, Mary, Ruth, Georgia, Ethel, Joseph and Walter. She will be missed by all and forever in our hearts.
To honor Olive, memorials may be made to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105; www.stjude.org.
- George William Larson, Husband (deceased)
- Walter Earl Stogsdill, Father (deceased)
- Beulah Gladys (Frasier) Stogsdill, Mother (deceased)
- Winford "Lee" Larson, Son (deceased)
- Michael Larson, Son
- Sandra Larson, Daughter in law
- David Larson, Son
- Tammy (Larson) McDaniel, Daughter
- Butch McDaniel, Son in law
- Eight grandchildren; 26 great grandchildren; many cousins, nieces, nephews; and a host of loyal friends.
- Butch McDaniel, Active Bearer
- Tyler McDaniel, Active Bearer
- David Larson, Active Bearer
- Michael Larson, Active Bearer
- Greg Larson, Active Bearer
- Larry Nordquist, Active Bearer
- St. Jude's Children's Hospital
- Viewing Tuesday, September 17, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, September 18, 2019