Patricia "Pat" (Lutz) Johnson
October 17, 1947 – April 3, 2018
Patricia “Pat” Lutz Johnson, age 70, passed away unexpectedly on Tuesday, April 03, 2018 at her residence.
Born October 17, 1947 in Catawba County, she was the daughter of the late Virgil M. Lutz and Daisy Colleen Rudisill Lutz. Pat was a lifetime member of Center United Methodist Church in Catawba.
Patricia was a loving wife, mom and “Mamaw” enjoyed spending time with her family, especially the grandchildren. She loved attending family reunions, birthdays and holiday celebrations. Pat enjoyed many types of music, especially gospel and bluegrass.
Pat loved her church and would help with meals and fundraisers. She was a Sunday school teacher and member of the Sisters of Ester Women’s Circle. She was also a 4-H leader for many years.
Those left to cherish her memory are her husband of 42 years, Alton of the home; sons, Kendall Johnson of Warsaw, NC, Matthew Johnson of Catawba, NC; sisters, Becky Sherrill (Kenny) of Catawba, NC, Betty Berryhill (Sam) of Graham, NC; and grandchildren, Mary, Michaela, Macon and Maebelle Johnson. She is also survived by a beloved niece and many beloved nephews and extended family.
The funeral service will be held at noon on Friday, April 6, 2018 at Center United Methodist Church in Catawba, with Rev. John Love and Rev. Don Farris officiating. Burial will follow in the church cemetery.
The family will receive friends prior to the service from 11:00 a.m. to 11:45 at the church.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorials be made to Center UMC Cemetery Fund, 4945 Sherrills Ford Road, Catawba, NC 28609 or to a charity of your choice.
- Virgil M. Lutz, Father
- Daisy Colleen Lutz, Mother
- Alton Johnson, Husband of 42 Years
- Kendall Johnson, Son
- Matthew Johnson, Son
- Becky Sherrill and husband, Kenny, Sister
- Betty Berryhill and husband, Sam, Sister
- Mary Johnson, Grandchild
- Michaela Johnson, Grandchild
- Macon Johnson, Grandchild
- Maebelle Johnson, Grandchild
- Mrs. Johnson also leaves a beloved niece and many beloved nephews and extended family.
- Danny Setzer, Active Pallbearer
- Todd Diamond, Active Pallbearer
- Thad Sherrill, Active Pallbearer
- Dennis Frye, Active Pallbearer
- Ricky Lee, Active Pallbearer
- Terry Rofhling, Active Pallbearer
Center United Methodist Church
Cemetery Fund 4945 Sherrills Ford Road , Catawba, North Carolina 28609
- Receiving of Friends Friday, April 6, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, April 6, 2018
Patricia "Pat" (Lutz) Johnson
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
Virginia & Ray Sigmon
April 6, 2018
Alton, to you and your family we send ongoing prayers as you all go through this journey in life. Pat was always warm & brightened up your world with a kind word, hug and big smile! We want you to know you are never along- God is always with each of you. With out words, you know we are willing to help you and know it would be our gift of love for all!