Virginia Alene Allen Huddleston
November 12, 1933 – August 10, 2019
Virginia Huddleston was born in Norman, Oklahoma on November 12, 1933 to Leroy and Emily Allen. She lived her entire life in Norman. On June 19th, 1954, she married Max Leroy Huddleston. Virginia was a cheery, bubbly, eccentric who dressed in bold prints and pursued a passion for painting. At the same time, she was always dedicated to her family, generously giving her time and help. She was one of the most positive people you could meet, and never had a bad word to say about anyone. She would advise family members to “wake up every day with something exciting to look forward to for that day.” She believed in dreams, and she believed that if you were having enough fun the hard work would take care of itself. And through her creative spirit, she showed that it could be true.
Virginia was preceded in death by her husband and, tragically, her two children, Alan and Ray Huddleston. Many in the family take comfort in thinking she has rejoined her men. She is survived by her siblings, Shirley Calvert, Gary Allen and wife Jane, Pam Linton and husband Gary Linton; her grandchildren, Keith Huddleston and wife Beth, Lindsey Morphew and husband Ryan, Kathryn Huddleston; step-grandson Alex Lohmann; and a great-grandson, Hudson Morphew.
Visitation will be from 4-8 p.m. Wednesday August 14th, 2019 at Primrose Funeral Service, 1109 N. Porter Ave. Norman, OK 73071. Funeral Service will be 2:00 p.m. Thursday August 15th, 2019 at Primrose Funeral Service, Norman, OK. Burial will be at Norman IOOF Cemetery. The Reverend Harry Smith will officiate.
Arrangements entrusted to Primrose Funeral Service, Norman, OK. Sign the online guestbook at www.primrosefuneralservice.com
- Max Leroy Huddleston (Deceased), Husband
- Alan Huddleston (Deceased), Son
- Ray Huddleston (Deceased), Son
- Shirley Calvert, Sister
- Gary Allen, Brother
- Jane Allen, Sister-in-law
- Pam Linton, Sister
- Gary Linton, Brother-in-law
- Keith Huddleston and Wife Beth, Grandson
- Lindsey Morphew and Husband Ryan, Granddaughter
- Kathryn Huddleston, Granddaughter
- Alex Lohmann, Step-Grandson
- Alison Huddleston, Daughter-in-law
- Nancy Sengel, Daughter-in-law
- Connie Huddleston, Daughter-in-law
- Hudson Morphew, Great Grandson
- Visitation Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- Celebration of Life Thursday, August 15, 2019