Griffin Leggett Rest Hills Funeral Home & Rest Hills Memorial Park
7724 Landers Road, North Little Rock, AR
July 22, 1939 – January 21, 2020
Gwen McEuen, 80, of Cabot passed away Tuesday, January 21, 2020. A lifelong resident of Arkansas, She was born in Little Rock to parents Dewey and Evelyn Jones. Gwen married the love of her life, J. L. McEuen in 1957. Together they raised a family of 5 children and operated a trucking company for many years. Gwen was a Southern Baptist and most recently a member of Mt. Carmel Baptist Church.
She was a “people person” who loved to tell stories. She also loved to dance and began taking Ballroom dance lessons in her late 50’s. Gwen worked the concession stand at Cabot High School for over 20 years and enjoyed seeing all of the parents and students.
Gwen is preceded in death by her parents, her husband, J. L. McEuen ; siblings James Jones, Tommy Jones, Bobbie Burton, and Becky Owens. She is survived by her children, Jim McEuen of Jacksonville, Donna (Chuck) Blackburn of Battlefield, MO, Ronny (Rebecca) McEuen of Hope, AR, Kim (Kent) Uhrich of Cabot and Michael (Ellisa) McEuen of Cabot; 19 Grandchildren; 21 Great Grandchildren and her sister, Nancy McElroy of Little Rock.
- Dewey Otto Jones, Father (deceased)
- Evelyn Ester Evans Jones, Mother (deceased)
- James L. McEuen, Husband (deceased)
- James Jones, Brother (deceased)
- Tommy Jones, Brother (deceased)
- Bobbie Burton, Sister (deceased)
- Becky Owens, Sister (deceased)
- James "Jim" McEuen, Son
- Donna Blackburn (Chuck Blackburn), Daughter
- Ronny McEuen (Rebecca McEuen), Son
- Kim Uhrich (Kent Uhrich), Daughter
- Michael McEuen (Ellisa McEuen), Son
- Nancy McElroy, Sister
- Mrs McEuen also leaves 19 Grandchildren and 21 Great Grandchildren to cherish her memory
- Ronny McEuen, Pallbearer
- T.K. Uhrich, Pallbearer
- Rusty Rickard, Pallbearer
- Cody Walker, Pallbearer
- Tyler Green, Pallbearer
- Gavin Green, Pallbearer
- David "Bo" King, Pallbearer
- Casey Marshall, Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, January 24, 2020
- Funeral Service Friday, January 24, 2020
- Burial Friday, January 24, 2020
January 24, 2020
Kim - so sorry for your loss in the passing of your mother. I pray that God's peace and comfort will be poured out on you and your family.
January 24, 2020
Michael, Ellisa and Family
My family and I are praying that God guides you through this and that he wraps his arms around you to comfort you. She will always be with you in your heart. Cherish the memories and remember her love until you meet again.