Omer Gene Dallas
April 14, 1928 – March 10, 2019
Omer Gene Dallas, age 90, of Sherwood passed away Sunday, March 10th. Born in Vilonia, Arkansas, Omer was the youngest of 7 children born to parents Elphus and Velma Dallas. He enlisted in the United States Army and proudly served his country at the end of WWII, serving his enlistment in Korea.
Upon returning home from the Army, Omer married Elizabeth Jo Welch and began their family. He worked in the Commercial Construction industry. Omer was a loving husband, father and grandfather who loved to grow things in his garden and fix anything mechanical – passing that knowledge on to his sons. He also loved to cook, a skill learned in the Army. His specialty was making Apple Pie for his family.
Omer was preceded in death by his parents, all of his six siblings, his beloved wife, Elizabeth Jo Dallas and a granddaughter, Brandi Dallas.
Left to cherish his memory are his sons, Michael (Tish) Dallas, Phillip (Jan) Dallas and David (Dina) Dallas, Sr.; grandchildren, David Dallas, Jr., Dina (Kent) A. Vinson, Raul (Kristin) Dallas, Leilani Joy Dallas, Ana Dallas, Collin (Brooke) Dallas, Ryan (Chelsie) Dallas, Molly Dallas, Lucy Dallas and 8 great grandchildren along with many other nieces, nephews and cousins.
Funeral services honoring Omer’s life will be held at 2:00 pm, Thursday, March 14th at Rest Hills Funeral Home, 7724 Landers Road, North Little Rock. Visitation will begin one hour prior to the service. Burial with Military Honors will be held immediately following the service at Rest Hills Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, memorials in Omer’s honor may be made to the Pulaski County Humane Society. www.griffinleggettresthills.com
- Elphus Dallas, Father
- Velma Dallas, Mother
- Elizabeth Jo Dallas, Wife
- Brandi Dallas, Granddaughter
- Michael Dallas, Son
- Tish Dallas, Daughter-in-law
- Phillip Dallas, Son
- Jan Dallas, Daughter-in-law
- David Dallas Sr., Son
- Dina Dallas, Daughter-in-law
- David Dallas Jr., Grandson
- Dina A. Vinson, Granddaughter
- Raul Dallas, Grandson
- Lelani Jo Dallas, Granddaughter
- Ana Dallas, Granddaughter
- Collin Dallas, Grandson
- Ryan Dallas, Grandson
- Molly Dallas, Granddaughter
- Lucy Dallas, Granddaughter
- Mr. Dallas was also preceded in death by all six of his siblings.
- Mike Dallas
- Phillip Dallas
- David Dallas, Sr.
- Kent Vinson
- Raul Dallas
- Derrick Jackson
- Visitation Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Burial/Military Honors Thursday, March 14, 2019