Elizabeth Shaner Lewis
November 27, 1924 – November 28, 2019
NORTHPORT - Elizabeth Shaner Lewis, age 95, of Northport, Ala., passed away November 28, 2019. Services will be 2:30 p.m. Sunday, December 1, 2019, at Five Points Baptist Church in Northport, Alabama with Dr. David Shaner Lewis, Dr. Chris Lamb and Dr. Daniel Stevens officiating. The family will receive friends one hour prior to service time. Interment will follow in Memory Hill Gardens.
Elizabeth was preceded in death by her husband, Rev. David W. Lewis; parents, N.A. and Claudia Morgan Shaner; brother, N.A. Shaner, Jr.; sisters, Mallory Shaner Burchfield, Iva Jean Shaner Boyd and Billie Mae Shaner Horton;
Elizabeth is survived by her son, Dr. David Shaner Lewis (Beth); and daughter, Linda Lewis Shirley (James); sister, Brenda Shaner Ringer (Bud); grandchildren, Denise Ratje (Dan), Dr. Shane Lewis (Joy), Dawn Bond (Donald), Dr. Daniel Stevens (Summer), Jennifer Craig and Laura Elizabeth Kelly (Stephen); great-grandchildren, AnnaBeth Humphrey, Whitney Rasmussen, Zachary Shane Lewis, Emily Ratje, Christian David Lewis, Autumn Lewis, David Ratje, Reagan Lewis, Savannah Craig, Caleb Stevens, Kyle Lewis Stevens and Kaleigh Stevens; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She served as pastor’s wife of Five Points Baptist Church and teacher for twenty-one years, also attended Shelton State Trade School and retired from Gulf States Plumbing and Heating after more than twenty five years as secretary and bookkeeper. She was a long time member of Five Points Baptist Church and enjoyed teaching her Sunday School class and leading the WMU.
Pallbearers will be Zach Lewis, Christian Lewis, Stephen Kelly, Dan Ratje, Russ Wicker and Louie Lewis.
Honorary pallbearers are Don Bond, Reagan Lewis, David Ratje, Jonathan Rasmussen, Jimmy Burchfield; members of Five Points Baptist Church, Hospice of West Alabama, Heritage Healthcare and Dr. Leonard Jones.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared for the Lewis family at www.SunsetBrown-Funeral.com.
- Rev. David W. Lewis, Husband (deceased)
- N.A. and Claudia Morgan Shaner, Parents (deceased)
- Dr. David Shaner Lewis (Beth), Son
- Linda Lewis Shirley (James), Daughter
- N.A.Shaner,Jr., Brother (deceased)
- Brenda ShanerRinger (Bud), Sister
- Mallory Shaner Burchfield, Sister (deceased)
- Iva Jean Shaner Boyd, Sister (deceased)
- Billie Mae Shaner Horton, Sister (deceased)
- Grandchildren: Denise Ratje (Dan), Dr. Shane Lewis (Joy), Dawn Bond (Donald), Dr. Daniel Stevens (Summer), Jennifer Craig, Laura Elizabeth Kelly (Stephen) Great- Grandchildren: AnnaBeth Humphry, Whitney Rasmussen, Zachary Shane Lewis, Emily Ratje, Christian David Lewis, Autumn Lewis, David Ratje, Reagan Lewis, Savannah Craig, Caleb Stevens, Kyle Lewis Stevens and Kaleigh Stevens.
- Zach Lewis
- Christian Lewis
- Stephen Kelly
- Dan Ratje
- Russ Wicker
- Louie Lewis
- Family Will Receive Friends Sunday, December 1, 2019
- Celebration of Life Service Sunday, December 1, 2019
Elizabeth Shaner Lewis
November 30, 2019
We always loved and cherished spending the Holidays, and other family get togethers with you and the family. You always had that beautiful Shaner smile on your face and always so sweet to each and everyone of us. You will always have a special place in all of our hearts. Thank you for all the stories, life lessons, and wonderful memories! You will be truly missed but never forgotten!
The Boyd Family