Mary F. Wiley
November 29, 1924 – September 4, 2018
NORTHPORT - Mary Fairrow Jacobs Wiley, age 93, of Northport, died September 4, 2018, at DCH Regional Medical Center in Tuscaloosa, Ala. Services will be 3:00 p.m. Thursday, September 6, 2018 at Northport Church of God with Terry Hart, Greg Strickland, Ken Andrews and Roger Jacobs officiating. Burial will follow in Tuscaloosa Memorial Park with Sunset Funeral Home, a Dignity Memorial Provider, directing. The body will lie in state to receive friends and family at the church from 1:30-3:00 p.m.
She was preceded in death by her husband of more than 65 years, Clyde Wiley; her mother, Jimmie Ora Jacobs; her father, Thomas Otto Jacobs; her step mother, Maryland Christine Jacobs; her brother, Otis Jacobs; her sister, Grace Redding; her brother, Thomas Jacobs; and her sister, Peggy Oswalt.
Survivors include her “grandson”, Jeffrey Redding (Veronica); her “great-grandchildren”, Talley Grace Redding and Mary Ella Redding; her “daughter”, Gail Marchant (Keith); her brothers, Elmer Jacobs (Zofia), Roger Jacobs (Frances) and Kenneth Jacobs (Donna); her sisters, Opal Faye Adams, Lois Comer, Patsy Clements, Carol Huggins (David) and Deborah Montgomery (Randy); and many nieces and nephews. Though she never mothered any children of her own, she was a “mother” and “maw-maw” and was loved by many. She opened her heart and arms to younger children as a babysitter to many through the years. She was a Godly, Christian woman that lived life as an example for us all. A meek and humble saint, but powerful and mighty when used by the Holy Spirit.
Pallbearers will be Johnny Jones, Landon Killian, Louie Lewis, Jason Marchant, Greg Roberts, Dax Lewis, Scott Killian and Larry Sullivan.
Honorary pallbearers are Northport Church of God, University Highway Church of God, Rev. Joey Boatwright, Rev. Ken and Dianne Andrews, Lanell Chandler, Amanda Till and her long-time hairdresser, Larry Sexton.
The family would like to give special acknowledgment and recognition to her primary caregivers, Kay Crawford and Gail Marchant and an additional thanks to Amedisys Home Health, Forest Manor Rehab, Neva Willitte, Linda Lewis, Connie Sullivan, Cathy Jones, Ora Hart, Renee Killian and Carolyn Jacobs.
- Clyde Wiley, Husband of more than 65 years Deceased
- Jimmie Ora Jacobs and Thomas Otto Jacobs, Parents Deceased
- Maryland Christine Jacobs, Step mother Deceased
- Otis Jacobs, Brother Deceased
- Grace Redding, Sister Deceased
- Thomas Jacobs, Brother Deceased
- Peggy Oswalt, Sister Deceased
- Jeffrey Redding (Veronica), “Grandson”
- Talley Grace Redding and Mary Ella Redding, “Great-grandchildren”
- Gail Marchant (Keith), Daughter
- Elmer Jacobs (Zofia), Roger Jacobs (Frances) and Kenneth Jacobs (Donna), Brothers
- Opal Faye Adams, Lois Comer, Patsy Clements, Carol Huggins (David) and Deborah Montgomery (Randy), Sisters
- Many nieces and nephews
- Johnny Jones
- Landon Killian
- Louie Lewis
- Jason Marchant
- Greg Roberts
- Dax Lewis
- Scott Killian
- Larry Sullivan
- Honorary pallbearers are Northport Church of God, University Highway Church of God, Rev. Joey Boatwright, Rev. Ken and Dianne Andrews, Lanell Chandler, Amanda Till and her long-time hairdresser, Larry Sexton
- Family Will Receive Friends Thursday, September 6, 2018
- Life Celebration Service Thursday, September 6, 2018
Mary F. Wiley
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
September 6, 2018
My son and I moved in next door to the Wiley’s In 2005. I immediately fell in love with them. After Mr Clyde passed away, Mrs Wiley traveled a lot and we didn’t get to see her a lot, but my grandchildren grew very fond of her and always looked over into her carport to see if she was sitting outside so they could go say hi. She will be greatly missed, but she is reunited with Mr Wiley in heaven now❤️
Lendon & Rosita Sanders
September 5, 2018
I shall never forget the Wiley's. Mr. Clyde and Mrs. Mary was one of the first to welcome us to Northport when we moved to Main Ave. They were a wonderful and sweet couple who had the love of God and people no matter the color. She will truly be missed but will forever live in our (Sanders Family) heart. May God receive her with open arms and may she rest in the arms of Jesus forever.
Lendon K. , Rosita, Ashley, Lendon J. and Devin
Next door neighbors Forever