Vina Lee Cooley
August 5, 1939 – April 9, 2018
TUSCALOOSA - Vina Lee Cooley, age 78, of Tuscaloosa, Ala., passed away April 9, 2018 at Hospice of West Alabama. Services will be 11 a.m. Friday, April 13, 2018, at Bethel Presbyterian Church with Sunset Funeral Home, a Dignity Memorial Provider, directing. Visitation is one hour prior to service at the church. She was preceded in death by her husband, Ray Devan Cooley; parents, Jesse and Pauline Grammer; brother, Thomas Grammer; and grandchildren, Amanda Cooley and Josh Cooley. Survivors include her sons, Ray/Denny (Connie), Richard (Janet), Steve (Dama), Gary (Beth), Todd (Candy); grandchildren, Brandon (Erica), Melissa (Arthur), Daniel (Mary), Bryan, Keighla, Taylor, Brian, Tabitha and Allison, Curtis, Crista (Clay); great-grandchildren, Abbi, Garrett, Karsen, Gavin, Piper, Thomas and Anna Carson; sisters, Carolyn Herren (Bill), Jesseline Jacobs and Glenda Jacobs. Vina was a beautiful lady whose smile would light up the room. She was best known for her kindness toward everyone and her deep love for her family. She was extremely proud of her five sons and their families. She spent her life caring for others and was a highly respected RN at DCH for 20 years touching many lives with her compassion. Vina loved growing flowers, listening to the birds sing and traveling. The world was a better place because she was here. Pallbearers will be Richard Cooley, Steve Cooley, Gary Cooley, Todd Cooley, Brandon Cooley and Brian Cooley. Honorary pallbearers are Lori Rhodes and the staff of Glen Haven Nursing Home Joyce Snow, Gail West, Donna Kernop and nursing friends from DCH. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Hospice of West Alabama.
- Ray Devan Cooley, Husband
- Jesse and Pauline Grammer, Parents
- Thomas Grammer, Brother
- Amanda Cooley and Josh Cooley, Grandchildren
- Ray/Denny (Connie), Richard (Janet), Steve (Dama), Gary (Beth), Todd (Candy), Sons
- Grandchildren, Brandon (Erica), Melissa (Arthur), Daniel (Mary), Bryan, Keighla, Taylor, Brian, Tabitha and Allison; great-grandchildren, Abbi, Garrett, Karsen, Gavin, Piper, and Thomas; sisters, Carolyn Herren (Bill), Jesseline Jacobs and Glenda Jacobs.
- Richard Cooley
- Steve Cooley
- Gary Cooley
- Todd Cooley
- Brandon Cooley
- Brian Cooley
- Lori Rhodes and the staff of Glen Haven Nursing Home Joyce Snow, Gail West, Donna Kernop and nursing friends from DCH, Honorary
- Visitation Friday, April 13, 2018
- Life Celebration Friday, April 13, 2018
Vina Lee Cooley
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
receive updates when new memories are postedRECEIVE UPDATES
April 16, 2018
I loved working with her at DCH...she always was calm and full of knowledge. .I knew I could always come to her for advice. She was loved by all the nurses.
Prayers being sent for the family.
April 13, 2018