Joseph John Fiorino
November 9, 1927 – November 30, 2018
On November 30, 2018, Joseph John Fiorino, 91, a U.S. Navy Veteran, passed away peacefully. He was the beloved husband, of 64 years, of Joan Fiorino (nee DeVoe); loving father of Cynthia Voelker and her husband William, Catherine Linden and her late husband Victor, Christine Morris and her husband Walter, and Charlene Fiorino; cherished grandfather of 6 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren; dear brother of Concetta Tringali and her late husband Joseph, Angelo Fiorino and his wife Frederica, Victor Fiorino and his wife Elizabeth, and the late Phillip Fiorino, Josephine Ridge, Mary Wheatley, and John and Thomas Fiorino; cherished brother-in-law of Mildred Arthur and her late husband Thomas, and the late Shirley Appold and her husband William. Also survived by many loving nieces and nephews. Relatives and friends will gather at Schimunek Funeral Home, Inc. 9705 Belair Rd., Nottingham, MD 21236, on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 from 3-5pm and 7-9pm. A funeral mass will be celebrated on Wednesday, at 10am at St. Joseph Catholic Church (Fullerton, MD). Interment services will follow at Dulaney Valley Memorial Gardens. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in Joseph’s name to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105. Condolences may be left for the family at www.schimunekfuneralhomes.com
- Joan Fiorino (nee DeVoe), Wife
- Cynthia Voelker and her husband William, Daughter
- Catherine Linden and her late husband Victor, Daughter
- Christine Morris and her husband Walter, Daughter
- Charlene Fiorino, Daughter
- Concetta Tringali and her late husband Joseph, Sister
- Angelo Fiorino and his wife Frederica, Brother
- Victor Fiorino and his wife Elizabeth, Brother
- The late Phillip Fiorino, Brother
- The late Josephine Ridge, Sister
- The late Mary Wheatley, Sister
- The late John Fiorino, Brother
- The late Thomas Fiorino, Brother
- Mildred Arthur and her late husband Thomas, Sister-in-law
- The late Shirley Appold and her husband William, Sister-in-law
- Cherished grandfather of 6 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren. Also survived by many loving nieces and nephews.
- Visitation Tuesday, December 4, 2018
- Funeral Mass Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Burial Wednesday, December 5, 2018
Joseph John Fiorino
December 2, 2018
Sending my love and heartfelt prayers to aunt Joan and our whole Fiorino family.
The first word that comes to mind for me when I think of uncle Joe is.... KINDNESS. Uncle Joe always had something kind to Say and he always had that big beautiful smile on his face. Such a wonderful man to all who were blessed to know him. From the very first day I met uncle Joe, he was so welcoming and accepting. Since the day Tony and I married 31 years ago, uncle Joe always referred to me as his" neice" or" my neice Shari", He always made me feel like family from the very beginning, for that I will always hold a special place in my heart for him. May the choirs of angels come to greet you.
May they speed you to paradise.
May the Lord enfold you in His mercy.
May you find eternal life.
Until we meet again
With love. Your neice Shari xo
December 1, 2018
I have so many great memories of my Uncle Joe, The greatest thing about memories they will last is forever!
But, I have story my father Angelo your brother told me time and time again. It was when you guys were kids and my father was on the steps playing, you told my dad you were the Boogie man/ghost my dad said no your not you’re my brother Joseph you said no I’m not I’m the ghost boo boooo then my father said if your a ghost then if I hit you with my hammer you won’t fell athing! So my father hit you with the hammer and you were crying saying ma’am Angelo hit with the hammer, my father said I hit the ghost..... I believe that’s how the story goes.
Uncle Joe you are loved by so many and will be truly missed so many. I’m sorry I didn’t get the chance to see you last time I was out east.
Uncle Joe you will always be in my prayers. I love you and will miss you!!
God Bless and Amen