Jose Alvarez Jr.
August 26, 1947 – June 5, 2018
Jose Alvarez Jr. aka( Holy Cow) age 70, he passed in Odessa, Texas on Tuesday June 5, 2018 at Medical Center Hospital. He was born on August 26, 1947 in, Pecos, Texas to Jose Galindo Alvarez and Dolores Bustamante. Jose and Juanita were married on December 27, 1971 they were together for 47 years . He was a retired carpet layer and a Catholic. Preceding him in death parent’s, and brother Albert Alvaraz Sr… Jose is survived by his wife Juanita Alvarez of Odessa, son Joe Alvarez III, 9 sisters Imelda Sandate, Irma Alvarado, Mary Munoz, Dolores Rodriguez, Nora Luna, Yolanda Pulido, Sara Alvarez, Estella Alvarez all of Odessa, and Soccorro Gonzalez of Denve,r Colorado, 4 brothers Abel Alvarez, Arturo Alvarez, Raul Alvarez all of Odessa, and Oscar Alvarez of Kyle, Texas, 7 grandchildren Michael, Sky, Joe Albert, Isaac, Joseph, Julie, and Kymberly and 7 great- grandchildren. Holy Cow enjoyed Tejano oldies, dancing and family gatherings. He was a very sociable person. He was a free spirited person. He will be missed. Visitation: Sunday June 10, 2018 from 1pm-9pm with a Rosary at 7pm at Odessa Funeral Home Chapel, 1700 N. Jackson. Mass will be celebrate Monday June 11, 2018 at 10:00am at St. Mary’s Catholic Church 612 E. 18th St Odessa Texas, Pallbearers are Michael Herrera, Isaac Marquez, Joseph Luna, Johnny Mendoza, Oscar Alvarez, and Arturo Alvarez. Burial will follow at Ector County Cemetery II. Arrangements are provided by Odessa Funeral Home.
- Juanita Rivera Alvarez, Wife
- Joe Alvarez III, Son
- Ismelda Sandate, Sister
- Irma and husband Roman Alvarado, Sister
- Mary and husband Javier Munoz, Sister
- Dolores Rodriguez, Sister
- Socorro and husband Chito Gonzalez, Sister
- Nora and husband Sammy Luna, Sister
- Yolanda and husband Lupe Pulido, Sister
- Sara Alvarez, Sister
- Estella Alvarez, Sister
- Abel and wife Melissa Alvarez, Brother
- Arturo and wife Elizabeth Alvarez, Brother
- Oscar and wife Judy Alvarez, Brother
- Raul Alvarez, Brother
- Jose Galindo Alvarez, Father
- Dolores Bustamante, Mother
- Albert Alvarez Sr., Brother
Jose is also survived by 7 grandchildren Michael, Sky, Joe Albert, Isaac, Joseph,
Julie, and Kymberly, he also has 7 great-grandchildren. He will be greatly missed.
- Michael Herrera, Pallbearer
- Isaac Marquez, Pallbearer
- Joseph Luna, Pallbearer
- Johnny Mendoza, Pallbearer
- Oscar Alvarez, Pallbearer
- Arturo Alvarez, Pallbearer
- Visitation Friday, June 8, 2018
- Visitation Saturday, June 9, 2018
- Rosary Sunday, June 10, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, June 11, 2018
Jose Alvarez Jr.
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
Victoria Chavez Vallez
June 12, 2018
My condolences to the Alvarez family he will be missed but will always be in your heart. GOD bless you all.
Sigifredo Bustos Jr.
June 8, 2018
my condolences to the Alvarez family, from an old friend of the family on Jeter Street whose parents were compaders
Sigifredo Jr. & Eva Bustos
June 8, 2018
Mis condolencias para la familia. Y que el Dios de todo consuelo le de paz en estos momentos difíciles. (2 Corintios 1:3,4)