June 14, 1945 – October 27, 2019
Olivia Acosta Fierro, 74, of Odessa, passed away Sunday, October 27, 2019 at her residence. She was born June 14, 1945 in Marfa to the late Jose and Petronila (Machuca) Acosta. She enjoyed sewing and was an amazing seamstress. She loved music and caring for her family. Olivia loved her family and especially enjoyed her grandchildren.
Olivia is survived by her sons, Robert Fierro and wife Eva of Garland, David Fierro and Misty Mata of Odessa, and Chris Fierro and wife Mireya of Odessa; daughter, Julie Fierro Morales and husband Raul of Odessa; sisters, Valentina Hernandez and husband Ben and Rosario Paniagua; Sister-in-law, Maria Acosta; 8 grandchildren, Krista Fierro Gonzales, Dezzarae Olivas, Christopher Ray Fierro, Mark Fierro, Abigail Morales, Zavior Fierro, Emily Morales, and EliAna Morales; and 4 great grandchildren, Azaniyah and Amdyn John Cortez, Nadya Fierro Vargas and Ezekeil Raul Gonzales.
She is preceded in death by her sons, John and Joseph Fierro; parents; brothers, Frank Acosta, Eliseo Acosta, Raul Acosta, Joe Acosta, and Guillermo Acosta; and brother-in-law, Rick Paniagua.
Visitation will be from 3-9 PM on Sunday, November 3, 2019 at Frank Wilson Funeral Directors with the Rosary being recited at 7 PM. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Monday, November 4, 2019 at 10 AM at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church. Interment will follow at Sunset Memorial Gardens. Zavior Fierro, John Paul Gonzales, Mark Fierro, Christopher Ray Fierro, Gabriel Cortez and Jeramyah Paniagua will serve as pallbearers. Honorary pallbearers will be Dezzarae Olivas, Krista Fierro Gonzales, Abigail Morales, Emily Morales and EliAna Morales.
We would like to thank Texas Home Health, Star Hospice, Dr. Parson and his staff, and Dr. Bajaj and his team at the West Texas Cancer Center. Thank you for the care and services that you provided to our mother.
- Jose Acosta, Father (deceased)
- Petronila (Machuca) Acosta, Mother (deceased)
- Robert and Eva (Wife) Fierro, Son
- David and Misty Mata Fierro, Son
- Chris and Mireya (Wife) Fierro, Son
- Julie and Raul (Husband) Fierro Morales, Daughter
- Valentina and Ben (Husband) Hernandez, Sister
- Rosario Paniagua, Sister
- Maria Acosta, Sister-in-law
- Krista Fierro Gonzales, Granddaughter
- Dezzarae Olivas, Granddaughter
- Christopher Ray Fierro, Grandson
- Mark Fierro, Grandson
- Abigail Morales, Granddaughter
- Zavior Fierro, Grandson
- Emily Morales, Granddaughter
- EliAna Morales, Granddaughter
- John Fierro, Son (deceased)
- Joseph Fierro, Son (deceased)
- Frank Acosta, Brother (deceased)
- Eliseo Acosta, Brother (deceased)
- Raul Acosta, Brother (deceased)
- Joe Acosta, Brother (deceased)
- Guillermo Acosta, Brother (deceased)
- Rick Paniagua, Brother-in-law (deceased)
- Mrs. Fierro also leaves behind 4 great-grandchildren; Azaniyah and Amdyn John Cortez, Nadya Fierro Vargas and Ezekeil Raul Gonzales to cherish her memory.
- Zavior Fierro, Pallbearer
- John Paul Gonzales, Pallbearer
- Mark Fierro, Pallbearer
- Christopher Ray Fierro, Pallbearer
- Gabriel Cortez, Pallbearer
- Jeramyah Paniagua, Pallbearer
- Dezzarae Olivas, Honorary Pallbearer
- Krista Fierro Gonzales, Honorary Pallbearer
- Abigail Morales, Honorary Pallbearer
- Emily Morales, Honorary Pallbearer
- EliAna Morales, Honorary Pallbearer
- Mass of Christian Burial Monday, November 4, 2019