Shirley Jean Rybolt
December 29, 1936 – June 25, 2018
Shirley Jean Rybolt, 81, of Odessa, Texas passed away on June 25, 2018.
Shirley was born in Norman, Oklahoma to Melvin Courtney and Alma Irene Lambert on December 29, 1936. Shirley enjoyed listening to music, traveling, and was interested in genealogy.
She was a volunteer at Medical Center Hospital Auxiliary, Daughters of the Republic of Texas, and a sorority member Beta Sigma Phi.
Shirley is preceded in death by her parents Melvin and Irene Courtney, brother Melvin H. Courtney, husband Leon Rybolt, and her daughter Deanna Rybolt.
She is survived by her children, daughter, Jeanie and Mike DeShazo; sons, Kenneth and Debbie Rybolt, and David Rybolt as well as her grandchildren Matthew DeShazo, Lara Buckingham, Karri Pierce-DeShazo, Jason Rybolt, Lindsey Ballou, Darren Rybolt, Ashley Young, Victoria Rybolt; great-grandchildren Zac Rybolt, Ethan Rybolt, Sheridan Rybolt, Matthew Young, Jordan Young, Harper Pierce-DeShazo, Sawyer Pierce-DeShazo, and one sister Moreta Bates.
Visitation will be held on Thursday, June 28, 2018 from 6:00 to 8:00p.m. at Frank W. Wilson Funeral Directors.
Funeral Service will be held on Friday, June 29, 2018 at 10:00a.m. at Frank W. Wilson Funeral Directors 4635 Oakwood Dr.
Burial will follow at Sunset Memorial Gardens in Odessa.
In Lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Alzheimer’s Foundation. Special thanks to Madison Medical Resort and staff for all the love and support you gave our mother and grandmother.
- Melvin Courtney, Father
- Irene Courtney, Mother
- Melvin H. Courtney, Brother
- Leon Rybolt, Husband
- Deanna Rybolt, Daughter
- Jeanie and Mike DeShazo, Daughter
- Kenneth and Debbie (wife) Rybolt, Son
- David Rybolt, Son
- Matthew DeShazo, Grandson
- Lara Buckingham, Granddaughter
- Karri Pierce-DeShazo, Granddaughter
- Jason Rybolt, Grandson
- Lindsey Ballou, Granddaughter
- Darren Rybolt, Grandson
- Ashley Young, Granddaughter
- Victoria Rybolt, Granddaughter
- Zac Rybolt, Great Grandson
- Ethan Rybolt, Great Grandson
- Sheridan Rybolt, Great Grandson
- Matthew Young, Great Grandson
- Jordan Young, Great Grandson
- Harper Pierce-DeShazo, Great Grandson
- Sawyer Pierce-DeShazo, Great Grandson
- Moreta Bates, Sister
- Matthew DeShazo
- Karri Pierce-DeShazo
- Tommy Ballou
- Jason Rybolt
- Neal Buckingham
- Matthew Young
- Visitation Thursday, June 28, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, June 29, 2018
Shirley Jean Rybolt
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
June 28, 2018
Her work on earth is finished. Her legacy continues in the form of her children, grandchildren and their families - an amazing legacy! May each of you bless her memory with your love and actions as you remember her teachings. Remember the good times. And, may the Lord bless each of you with his peace and grace in this time of loss. With love, Ruth Johnson