Vivian Ruiz Ortega Jr.
August 19, 1952 – September 9, 2019
Vivian Ruiz Ortega, Jr., 67, of Odessa, passed away Monday, September 9, 2019 at his residence. He was born August 19, 1952 in Balmorhea to the late Vivian R. Ortega, Sr. and Nicolasa (Lozano) Ortega.
He worked for most of his life as a mechanic and was a loyal and true Dallas Cowboys fan.
His is preceded in death by his parents; and brother, Gilbert Ortega.
Vivian is survived by his wife of 43 years, Arcilia Rodriguez Ortega; daughters, Kristy Ortega, Veronica Ortega, and Claudia Ortega; brothers, Jimmy Ortega and Joe Ortega; sisters, Anita Flores and Mary Galindo; and grandchildren, Daisy, Sebastian, Levi, Aiden and Kyzer Ortega.
Viewing will be on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 from 11 AM – 9 PM at Odessa Funeral Home with the Rosary being recited at 7 PM. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Thursday, September 12, 2019 at 2 PM at St. Joseph Catholic Church followed by interment at the Odessa II section of the Ector County Cemetery. Levi Ortega, Sebastian Ortega, Manny Rivera, Alfonso Ramirez, Jr., Andy Ortega, and Daniel Delgado will serve as pallbearers.
- Vivian R. Ortega Sr., Father (deceased)
- Nicolasa (Lozano) Ortega, Mother (deceased)
- Gilbert Ortega, Brother (deceased)
- Arcilia Rodriguez, Wife
- Kristy Ortega, Daughter
- Veronica Ortega, Daughter
- Claudia Ortega, Daughter
- Jimmy Ortega, Brother
- Joe Ortega, Brother
- Anita Flores, Sister
- Mary Galindo, Sister
- Mr. Ortega also leaves grandchildren Daisy, Sebastian, Levi, Aiden and Kyzer Ortega to cherish his memory
- Levi Ortega
- Sebastian Ortega
- Manny Rivera
- Alfonso Ramirez Jr.
- Andy Ortega
- Daniel Delgado
- Visitation Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Rosary Wednesday, September 11, 2019
- Funeral Service Thursday, September 12, 2019