William Marvin Mayfield
February 20, 1927 – November 23, 2018
William M. Mayfield Sr., 91, passed away Friday, November 23, 2018 in Odessa, Texas. He was born February 20, 1927 to Alford and Connie Mayfield in Anson, Texas.
He came to Odessa in 1962 from Snyder, Texas. He married Viva Louise Mayfield February 23, 1945. He was a farmer and eventually an oilfield executive at Texas Oil and Gas in Midland Texas. For many years after retirement, he served as an expert witness in oilfield related court cases. Later in retirement, he worked many years with Sewell Ford. Most importantly, he was a dearly loved husband, father, grandfather and great grandfather.
He was preceded in death by his devoted and loving wife of over 70 years Viva Louise Mayfield, his parents, Alford and Connie Mayfield, daughter, Sandra K. Mayfield Biggs, brother, James Mayfield, sister, Fern Francis and father and mother-in-law, Matt and Lilian Hellums, and brother-in-law, Kenneth Kyle.
He is survived by William Marvin Mayfield Jr. his son, of Odessa, three grandchildren Shana Longley and husband John, Sunnye Forrest and husband Jeff and Amber Cotten and husband Lee, sister, Virginia Kyle and daughter-in-law, Mary Mayfield and his sister-in-laws, Sonja Emmrich and Dixie Ramsey Clark.
Visitation will be Thursday, November 29, 2018 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Frank Wilson Funeral Home. Funeral service will be Friday, November 30, 2018 at 3:00 pm at Frank W. Wilson Funeral Chapel with Dr. Jimmy Braswell officiating. Interment will be Saturday, December 1, 2018 at 10:00 am at the Fairmount Cemetery in San Angelo, Texas.
Pallbearers will be great-grandchildren, Tegan Longley, Flip Longley, William Mason Penn Cotten, grandson-in-laws John Longley, Lee Penn Cotten and friends Larry Gandy and Jim Darnell.
Honorary Pallbearers will be Madeleine Penn Cotten, Ragan Forrest, Jett Forrest, Luke McClanahan, and Grandson–in-law Jeff Forrest.
Services are entrusted to Frank W. Wilson Funeral Directors.
- William Marvin Mayfield Jr., Son
- Shana Longley and husband John, Granddaughter
- Sunnye Forrest and husband Jeff, Granddaughter
- Amber Cotten and husband Lee, Granddaughter
- Virginia Kyle, Sister
- Mary Mayfield, Daughter-in-law
- Sonja Emmrich, Sister-in-law
- Dixie Ramsey Clark, Sister-in-law
- Tegan Longley, Pallbearer
- Flip Longley, Pallbearer
- William Mason Penn Cotten, Pallbearer
- John Longley, Pallbearer
- Lee Penn Cotten , Pallbearer
- Larry Gandy , Pallbearer
- Jim Darnell, Pallbearer
- Madeleine Penn Cotten, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ragan Forrest, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jett Forrest, Honorary Pallbearer
- Luke McClanahan, Honorary Pallbearer
- Jeff Forrest, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, November 30, 2018
- Graveside Service Saturday, December 1, 2018
William Marvin Mayfield
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY