December 22, 1923 – August 27, 2019
The Lord received Dorotha J. “Skip” Robertson on Tuesday August 27, 2019. She was born in Ada, Oklahoma on December 22, 1923.
She was preceded in death by her loving husband of 63 years, James H Robertson, Jr., along with her Father, Mother, 6 siblings and grandson.
She is survived by her daughter Sherri K. Loach of Oklahoma City; and son James “Jim” H. Robertson III and his wife Rhonda Robertson of Grapevine, Texas. She has eight grandchildren, twenty-three great grandchildren, one great-great granddaughter including many nieces and nephews.
Dorotha’s passion was serving 27 years as a volunteer at Integris Baptist Hospital. Dorotha, known by her family as Mimi, was a superior cook and candy maker which she loved to teach her children and grandchildren. She loved making wreaths, women’s hats and especially, rice binkies for all the residents at her retirement center. Dorotha and James were avid anglers especially for crappie. She loved to play poker and when she’d say, “raise you a quarter”, you knew you were beat.
Our beautiful Mimi we miss you dearly and know you will be watching and waiting for your youngsters with open arms… until we meet again our Angel.
Visitation starts on Friday, August 30, 2019 from 3:30pm to 8:00pm; Visitation and Reception with refreshments on Saturday, August 31, 2019 from 12:00pm to 2:00pm; held at Chapel Hill Funeral Home, 8701 N.W. Expressway, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73162.
A celebration of her life will be held at Rose Hill Burial Park, graveside services, on Saturday, August 31, 2019, 2:30pm at 6001 N.W. Grand Boulevard, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73118.
- James H. Robertson Jr., Husband (deceased)
- William Eads Scott, Father (deceased)
- Ida Emerine Scott, Mother (deceased)
- Sherri K. Loach, Daughter
- James H. Robertson III, Son
- Rhonda Robertson, Daughter-in-law
- She had eight grandchildren, twenty-three great grandchildren, one great-great granddaughter and many nieces and nephews who loved her dearly.
- Justin Brunson
- Brian Loach
- Kadin Scott Catlin
- Tanner Loach
- Garrett Maultsby
- Tracy Don Nokes, Honorary Pallbearer
- Travis Dean Nokes, Honorary Pallbearer
- Steven "Wyatt" Reece
- James Henry Robertson IV
- Robert Scott Robertson
- Visitation Friday, August 30, 2019
- Visitation and Reception Saturday, August 31, 2019
- Graveside Service Saturday, August 31, 2019
August 29, 2019
August 29, 2019