January 28, 1958 – December 1, 2019
Marianne Dugas passed away with her family around her December 1, 2019. She was born January 28, 1958 in Seminole, Oklahoma to William Oscar Shawn, Sr. and Virginia Stoecklein Shawn. Marianne graduated Washington High School where her love of basketball began by playing on the basketball team. Marianne worked at the Norman Main Post Office where she retired after 28 years. Marianne married George Dugas, II, in Las Vegas, Nevada on May 23, 1989. They were season ticket holders of the OU Womens Basketball and enjoyed traveling and going on cruises. Together, they had visited 45 of the 50 states. Marianne also loved collecting clowns, reading and to go shopping.
Marianne was preceded in death by her parents, sister Rachel Buie and brother-in-law Rick Mercer. She is survived by her husband George Dugas II, children Jeremy Dugas and wife Jennie of Edmond, Listina Reygers and husband Scott of Edmond; brother William Oscar Shawn, Jr. and wife Shelia of Moore, OK; sisters, Jane Mercer of Ratliff City, OK, Jo Ann Mercer of Norman, OK, Wilma Roley and husband Earl of Noble, OK, Lynette Mercer of Noble; brother-in-law Terry Buie; grandchildren Zane Dugas, Isabelle Reygers, Evan Dugas, Christian Reygers; 7 nieces, 5 nephews, numerous great nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be Thursday from 4 pm to 8 pm with the family receiving friends from 5 pm to 7 pm. Funeral services to celebrate Marianne’s life will be 2 pm, December 6, 2019 at Chapel Hill Funeral Home.
- William Oscar Shawn, Sr., Father
- Virginia Catherine Stoecklein Shawn, Mother
- George Dugas, II, Husband
- Rachel Buie, Sister
- Rick Mercer, Brother-in-law
- Jeremy Dugas (Jennie), Son
- Listina Reygers (Scott Reygers), Daughter
- William Oscar Shawn, Jr. (Sheila), Brother
- Jane Mercer, Sister
- Jo Ann Mercer, Sister
- Wilma Roley (Earl), Sister
- Lynette Mercer, Sister
- Terry Buie, Brother-in-law
- Zane Dugas, Grandchild
- Isabelle Reygers, Grandchild
- Evan Dugas, Grandchild
- Christian Reygers, Grandchild
- Marianne is also survived by seven nieces, five nephews and numerous great nieces and nephews.
- Mark Begley
- Terry Buie
- Michael Buie
- Jordan Eggenberg
- Michael Little
- Dale Richardson
- Scott Reygers, Honorary Pallbearer
- Oscar Shawn, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Family Will Receive Friends Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, December 6, 2019
December 6, 2019
Marianne and George were patients of mine at the dental office I worked at before going on maternity leave. It would always warm my heart how she would always request me as her dental hygienist and asked about how I was doing with my pregnancy. She was a sweet lady and it was a joy getting to know her. She will definitely be missed. Prayers for comfort and peace to her friends and family during this difficult time.
December 3, 2019
December 3, 2019