Oleta Joyce Dukes
January 10, 1932 – November 30, 2018
Oleta Joyce Dukes was born January 10, 1932 in Covington, Oklahoma to S.J and Iris (Dodds) Hartman. She was baptized at Nicoma Park 1st Baptist Church. She married the love of her life, Kenneth Dukes and they had five children. Oleta was a homemaker and devoted mother. Later in life, she became a doting grandmother. She is remembered for being a selfless and generous person and cared for everyone and took in any family or friends who needed a little help and a place to stay. She took care of her father-in-law for 2 years, her mother for 7 years, and her son for 3 years until their passing. She was an animal lover and enjoyed watching birds and feeding squirrels. Her dogs and cats were like her children. She was artistically talented; she quilted, worked with ceramics, and painted in watercolors, pastels, and charcoals. She played basketball, softball, and bowled in her younger years.
Oleta is survived by her daughter, Victoria and husband John Kenedy; daughter, Iris Jennings; son, Kent Dukes and wife Lenda; son, Jeff Dukes; 10 grandchildren; 9 great-grandchildren; 1 great-great grandchild; her sister, Marlene Carroll; dogs, Hector and Buddy; and cats, Sissy and Rowdy. She was preceded in death by her parents, S.J. and Iris; husband, Kenneth Dukes; son, Terry Dukes; brother, Jay Dee Hartman; and brother, Orby Hartman.
A graveside service will be held at 2:00P.M., Tuesday, December 4, 2018 at Jones I.O.O.F. Cemetery in Jones, Oklahoma. Public visitation will be held Monday, December 3, 2018 from 10A.M. to 8P.M. at Bill Eisenhour Funeral Home, 8805 NE 23rd St., Oklahoma City.
- Malinda Iris Hartman, Deceased Mother
- S. J. Hartman, Deceased Father
- Kenneth Dukes, Deceased Husband
- Victoria Kenedy and husband, John, Daughter
- Iris Jennings, Daughter
- Kent Dukes and wife, Lenda, Son
- Jeff Dukes, Son
- Terry Dukes, Deceased Son
- Marlene Carroll, Sister
- Jay Dee Hartman, Deaceased Brother
- Orby Hartman, Deceased Brother
- Mrs. Dukes also leaves behind 10 grandchildren, 9 great-grandchildren, and 1 great-great grandchild.
- Nathan Kenedy, Pallbearer
- Patrick Kenedy, Pallbearer
- Matthew Kenedy, Pallbearer
- Eric Jennings, Pallbearer
- Garett Jennings, Pallbearer
- Glenn Carroll, Pallbearer
- Visitation Monday, December 3, 2018
- Graveside Service Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Oleta Joyce Dukes
December 4, 2018
I am so sorry for your loss. Brian has so many great memories of playing at Oletas with Patrick. I am praying for peace and comfort for you all.