Yvonne Valentine Taylor
December 1, 1935 – November 3, 2019
Yvonne Valentine Taylor, 83, went to be with the Lord on Sunday, November 3, 2019 surrounded by her family. She retired after 25 years of teaching in Desoto County Schools. She was awarded Teacher of the Year twice in her career. Yvonne was a very dedicated Christian. She was active as a Sunday school teacher, a Bible Drill teacher, and she played the piano. Yvonne was also a member of North Oxford Baptist Church. She was a member of Eastern Star and on the board of WMU. Yvonne was preceded in death by her parents, George and Katie Valentine, five sisters and three brothers. She is survived by her loving husband of 57 years, Armond Taylor; three children, Kim Moore, husband, Thad; J. Lee Taylor, wife, Ann, and Julie Smart. Yvonne also leaves behind six grandchildren, Lydia Edwards (Scott), Shaw Moore (Erin), Ellen Taylor, Nicholas Taylor, Cannon Smart, Taylor Smart and five great grandchildren, Reed Edwards, Jacob Edwards, Levi Edwards, Louis Fox Moore, and Presley Moore. Memorial contributions in Yvonne’s Memory may be made to Slayden Baptist Church, “General Fund”. A funeral service will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 2:00 pm with visitation an hour prior at Slayden Baptist Church, 2534 HWY 72 Lamar, MS 38642. Burial will follow at Slayden Cemetery.
- Armond Taylor, Husband
- Kim Moore (Thad), Child
- J. Lee Taylor (Ann), Child
- Julie Smart, Child
- Lydia Edwards (Scott), Grandchild
- Shaw Moore (Erin), Grandchild
- Ellen Taylor, Grandchild
- Nicholas Taylor, Grandchild
- Cannon Smart, Grandchild
- Taylor Smart, Grandchild
- Reed Edwards, Great Grandchild
- Jacob Edwards, Great Grandchild
- Levi Edwards, Great Grandchild
- Louis Fox Moore, Great Grandchild
- Presley Moore, Great Grandchild
- Yvonne was preceded in death by her parents, George and Katie Valentine, five sisters and three brothers.
- Slayden Baptist Church, “General Fund”.
- Visitation Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Yvonne Valentine Taylor
November 7, 2019
Mrs Taylor was such a kind and sweet person. I will always remember that about her. She and Bro Taylor were instrumental in getting my Mom playing the organ for Fairhaven Baptist church and she always loved both of them. My prayers and with the family. Heaven gained another angel for sure.