Frederick R. Blackman
April 11, 1922 – October 16, 2018
Frederick R. Blackman of Seneca, South Carolina, age 96, passed away on October 16, 2018.
Born in Voorheesville, New York on April 11, 1922, Fred was the son of the late Frederick R. and Caroline Blackman Sr. Fred served in the Pacific Theater with the US Marine Corps during WWII, including the Battle of Tarawa. Fred was Scout Master of Troop 73 in Voorheesville for many years. He lived in Voorheesville until retiring in 1983 from CMP Industries and moving to Palm Bay, Florida. In February 1988, he began working as a crossing guard for the Palm Bay Police Department and in August 1989 was named Supervisor, until retiring in 2004. He continued to work, almost daily, as a substitute until his final retirement in 2012 at the age of 90. After his 2nd wife of 13 years, Linda Blackman, died in September of 2017, he moved to Lila Doyle Nursing Home in Seneca, South Carolina.
Frederick was also predeceased by his first wife of 57 years, Merle E. Blackman, son, Frederick R. Blackman, grandson, Joseph Blackman, and daughter-in-law Fatima Blackman. He is survived by a daughter, Sharon (David) Youmans of East Greenbush, N.Y., and 2 sons, Merrill (Jeannette) Blackman of Townsville, S.C., James (JaDonna) Blackman of Haymarket, VA, and daughter-in-law Sandra Blackman of Queensbury, NY. He was also the grandfather of 5; great-grandfather of 9, great-great-grandfather of 3. In addition, Fred is survived by his sister, Doris Falzarano of Inverness, FL.
His funeral will be held on November 10, 2018 at 1:00 PM at Fountainhead Funeral Home, 7359 Babcock Street SE, Palm Bay, Florida 32909.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to Christ United Methodist Church of Palm Bay’s Scholarship Fund.
- Frederick Robert Blackman Sr., Father
- Caroline (Stutsrim) Blackman, Mother
- Merle E. Blackman, Beloved Wife of 57 Years
- Linda Blackman, Loving Wife of 13 Years
- Frederick R. Blackman, Son
- Joseph Blackman, Grandson
- Fatima Blackman, Daughter-in-law
- Sharon (David) Youmans, Daughter
- Merrill (Jeanette) Blackman, Son
- James (JaDonna) Blackman, Son
- Sandra Blackman, Daughter-in-law
- Doris Falzarano, Sister
- Freerick was also the grandfather of 5; great-grandfather of 9, great-great grandfather of 3.
- Receiving of Friends Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, November 10, 2018
Frederick R. Blackman
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY