Mary Dorothy Alchermes
August 5, 1924 – October 31, 2019
Mary D. Alchermes, age 95, passed away peacefully on Thursday, October 31, 2019 at the home of her son and daughter-in-law in Palm Bay, FL.
Mary was born in Sayreville, NJ to Anthony “Tony” and Agnes Zaleski. She worked most of her life as a bank teller in Sayreville and later in Jensen Beach, FL. She also worked at Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, NY. Mary truly lived life to the fullest through the simple pleasures; knitting, bowling (we found a trophy where she bowled over 200), playing Bingo everywhere she lived, pinochle, and cooking good ole fashioned “Polish” food for family and friends.
Mary is survived by her two children; Vickie Volman and Brian Volman. She was also blessed with two grandchildren and four great grandchildren. She was a wonderful mother, mother-in-law, grandmother and great-grandmother. Mary was predeceased by her two brothers, Joe and John Zaleski, and her sister, Martha Prasnal.
Family, friends and others whose lives Mary touched are invited to Fountainhead Funeral Home, 7359 Babcock St. SE. Palm Bay, FL 32909 from 5 PM to 7:30 PM on Thursday, November 7, 2019 to reminisce, grieve, and celebrate her life. A rosary will be said at 6 PM. Funeral services will be at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church at 10 AM on Friday, November 8, 2019. Mary will be laid to rest at All Saints Cemetery in Jensen Beach, FL.
- Anthony 'Tony' Zaleski, Father (deceased)
- Agnes Cziarniak, Mother (deceased)
- Vickie Volman, Daughter
- Brian Volman, Son
- Joe & John Zaleski, Brothers (deceased)
- Martha Prasnal, Sister (deceased)
- Mary also leaves behind to miss her daily, two grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
- Visitation Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Funeral Mass Friday, November 8, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, November 8, 2019
- Reception Lunch Friday, November 8, 2019
- Interment Friday, November 8, 2019