Norval M. Guy
August 28, 1935 – August 10, 2019
Norval Montgomery Guy, affectionately known as “Guy” to many who knew him, age 83, of Melbourne, Florida passed away on August 10, 2019, at Melbourne Regional Medical Center just 16 months after the passing of Kathy, his loving wife of 52 years. They are now reunited in Heaven.
Born in Stafford County, Virginia on August 28, 1935, he was the son of Walter Edward and Sally Embrey Guy, and was raised in Stafford County. He moved to Melbourne in 1965 and retired as a Quality Control Supervisor from Patrick Air Force Base in November 1990 after 37 years of civil service. He was a member of the First Baptist Church of South Brevard in Melbourne.
He is survived by sister Loretta Joan Hammock of Tampa, Florida, daughters Beverley (Tony) Suhre of Richmond, Virginia, Cindy (Brian) Trant of Stafford, Virginia, Donna (Robert) Northern of Southport, North Carolina, and Rhonda (Peter) Giugliano of Suffolk, Virginia, step-sons Terry (Lori) Embrey of Melbourne and Jeffrey (Kathy) Embrey of Cumming, Georgia, 17 grandchildren, and 15 great-grandchildren. In addition to his wife, he was predeceased by his parents, brothers Jimmy and Tommy Guy, step-son Henry Edward Bradley, step-daughter Tammy Doris Embrey, step-granddaughter Teresa, and great grandson Blake.
Services will be held on Wednesday, August 14, 2019 at Fountainhead Funeral Home, 7359 Babcock Street SE, Palm Bay, Florida with interment at Fountainhead Memorial Park. The visitation will start at 2:00 pm and the funeral will start at 3:00 pm.
Memorial donations in lieu of flowers may be made to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society or the Building Fund of the First Baptist Church of South Brevard, 4300 North Wickham Road, Melbourne, Florida 32935.
- Edward Walter Guy, Father (deceased)
- Sally Virginia Embrey, Mother (deceased)
- Kathy Guy, Loving Wife of 62 Years (deceased)
- Beverley (Tony) Suhre, Daughter
- Cindy (Brian) Trant, Daughter
- Virginia (Robert) Northern, Daughter
- Rhonda (Peter) Giugliano, Daughter
- Terry (Lori) Embrey, Step-Son
- Jeffrey (Kathy) Embrey, Step-Son
- Henry Edward Bradley, Step-Son
- Tammy Dorris Embrey, Step-Daughter (deceased)
- Loretta Joan Hammock, Sister
- Jimmy Guy, Brother (deceased)
- Tommy Guy, Brother (deceased)
- 17 Grandchildren, Unspecified
- 15 Great Grandchildren, Unspecified
- Teresa ., Step-Granddaughter (deceased)
- Blake ., Great-Grandson (deceased)
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
First Baptist Church of South Brevard
4300 North Wickham Road (The Building Fund) , Melbourne, Florida 32935
- Visitation Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Norval M. Guy
August 15, 2019
Norval Mongomery Guy, my husband's [Jimmy] oldest surviving brother, was truly a GUY one never forgot. When Jim and I visited him and Kathy in Melbourne, we feasted on huge shrimp Norval had caught himself. When he came up here to Virginia, we ate Blue Crabs caught and prepared by Charlie Bourne. Charlie's wife, Hazel, always oversaw a special cooking when I told her they were for Norval. She had worked with Norval when they were teenagers and had never forgot him. He left such an impression on people... especially the ladies! Fun-loving, hedonistic but hardworking, he has joined his beloved wife, his parents, his younger brothers, Tommy and Jimmy, and beloved Uncle Chester in the eternal family circle. What a joyous reunion! Thank you, Terry, for being with him in his final moments of crisis. What loving concern you always conveyed to your POP. Blessings on you & Jeff and your families as you grieve the passing of your "step-father" and mentor. Recall frequently your wonderful memories of Norval as he nurtured you. Share them with your own children because Tamara, Katy and Malinda have vivid memories of Norval, too.