ELEANOR E. HERSMAN
May 19, 1928 – July 20, 2018
Esther “Eleanor” (McCombs) Hersman, age 90, passed away July 20, 2018. She was born in Richwood, WV, on May 19, 1928, the daughter of the late Emmit and Ella McCombs. She was a 1946 graduate of Spencer High School. She married Smith Hersman in 1946 and they had four sons. She was a long-time volunteer with the Red Cross and Camden Clark Medical Center. She was a member of North Parkersburg Baptist Church where she taught Sunday school and assisted with many activities. Eleanor was preceded in death by her husband Smith, son Randall and eight siblings. She is survived by her sons Smith Jr. (Betty) of Gibson, NC, James (Fawn) of Summerville, NC, Richard (Valeria) of Parkersburg, WV; nine grandchildren, thirteen great-grandchildren and one great great grandchild. Service will be 1 p.m., Monday, July 23, 2018, at Sunset Memorial Funeral Home, Parkersburg. Burial will follow in Sunset Memory Gardens. Visitation will be from 4 p.m. until 6 p.m., Sunday, July 22, 2018 at the funeral home.
- Smith (Betty) Hersman Jr, Son
- James (Fawn) Hersman, Son
- Richard (Valeria) Hersman, Son
- Emmit McCombs, Father
- Ella (Sleeth) McCombs, Mother
- Smith Hersman, Husband
- Randall Hersman, Son
- Esther also leaves behind nine grandchildren, thirteen great-grandchildren and one great-great grandchild to carry on her memory.
- Visitation Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, July 23, 2018