Sunset Memorial Funeral Home & Sunset Memory Gardens and Mausoleums
1934 Dupont Road, Parkersburg, WV
Patsy L. Workman
August 14, 1941 – December 24, 2019
Patsy Lou Workman, 78, of Washington, WV died December 24, 2019 at her residence, in Washington, WV. Patsy was born August 14, 1941 in Parkersburg, WV to Louie M. Romine and Guinivere Belle Null. Patsy was a 1959 graduate of Parkersburg High School, and attended West Virginia University on a full music scholarship. Patsy was a Real Estate agent, and she worked for Specialty Piping Company as an Accountant. She attended Landmark Baptist Church. Patsy spent over 30 plus years as music director. She was a born again Christian and a Baptist by faith. She married C. Steven Workman on Jan. 5, 1963.
Patsy will be deeply missed by her husband Steve, her siblings Phyllis and Mike and a multitude of friends; In addition to her husband, she is survived by her children Dan (Kim) Workman of Belleville, WV; Charlie (Tami) Workman of NC and special daughter in law Michelle Tennant of Parkersburg. Grandchildren Megan and Miranda Workman, both of NC and a grandson Billy (Meagan) Workman of VA. Her sister Phyllis Romine (Phil Scott) of Belpre, OH and brother Mike (Vicki) Romine of Parkersburg, WV. She is also survived by her nieces Michelle and Robin and nephews David and Jeff.
Patsy was preceded in death by her parents and her beloved infant grandson Daniel Paul Workman.
Friends may call Sunday December 29, 2019 from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. and one hour prior to service at Sunset Memorial Funeral Home, Parkersburg. Funeral services will be Monday at 11 at the funeral home with Pastor Michael Lamb officiating. Burial will be at Sunset Memory Gardens. Special thanks to her caregiver Kathy Garrett, who became more than caregiver, she became a dear friend to both Patsy and Steve. Many thanks to Hospice, especially to Courtney and Carrie. Online tributes may be made at www.sunsetparkersburg.com.
- Steve Workman, Husband
- Dan Workman (Kim Workman), Son
- Charlie Workman (Tami Workman), Son
- Michelle Tennant, Daughter In Law
- Megan Workman, Grandchild
- Miranda Workman, Grandchild
- Billy Workman (Meagan Workman), Grandchild
- Phyllis Romine (Phil Scott), Sister
- Mike Romine (Vicki Romine), Brother
- Louie M. Romine, Father
- Guinivere Belle Null, Mother (deceased)
- Daniel Paul Workman, Grandson
- Patsy also leaves behind nieces Michelle and Robin and nephews David and Jeff to carry on her memory.
- Michelle Tennant, Pallbearer
- David Romine, Pallbearer
- Jeff Dexter, Pallbearer
- John Ambrozy, Pallbearer
- Donnie Bailey, Pallbearer
- Gerald Meloncon, Pallbearer
- Mike Romine, Honorary Pallbearer
- Zach Romine, Honourary Pallbearer
- Evan Dexter, Honourary Pallbearer
- Clay Dexter, Honourary Pallbearer
- Daniel John Ambrozy, Honourary Pallbearer
- Lloyd Talkington, Honorary Pallbearer
- Visitation Sunday, December 29, 2019
- Funeral Serrvice Monday, December 30, 2019
Patsy L. Workman
December 31, 2019
So sorry for your loss , Steve. Patsy was so nice to me... We had a lot fun Honey, Pasty and me..... Praying for family
Steve & Lynn Llewellyn
December 29, 2019
Dear Steve, and family,
We were sorry to learn of Patsy's passing. Thought it has been many years ago, we remember her as almost always having a smile and a person with great music talent. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
December 27, 2019
Patsy was and always has been a very dear friend to me and my family for over 50 yrs. Always there for everyone in need and regardless of her plans for herself, she would change them in a heartbeat to reach out to help someone....I am glad her pain is over, but will certainly miss my dear, dear friend...Know she is playing piano and praising the Lord! Love you dear friend