Clara Mae Bradford
September 26, 1943 – April 12, 2018
Clara Mae Dyess Bradford, 74, of Florence, MS passed away on April 12, 2018.
Clara was born in Jefferson Davis County on September 26, 1943 to Ruthie Pearl and W.W. Dyess. Clara married Morris Lamar Bradford on July 2, 1963. She worked as a secretary at the State Hospital, as well as with the Department of Revenue. She enjoyed crocheting, gardening, and volunteering with the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, as she was a breast cancer survivor.
Clara is survived by sons, Richard “Don” Bradford (Kara) and Jeffrey L. Bradford (Harvey L. Haley); siblings, Marshall “Dock” Dyess, James Carl “Buck” Dyess, J.W. “J-Boy” Dyess, and Doris Nell McRaney, as well as 11 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, Morris Lamar Bradford; parents, W.W. Dyess and Ruthie Pearl Dyess; and siblings, Ernestine “Teny” Daughdrill, Carrie Louise “Easy Baby” Morris, and George Wayne “G-Boy” Dyess.
Funeral services will be on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 at 10:00 am at Baldwin-Lee Funeral Home in Pearl. Visitation will be Monday, April 16, 2018 at Baldwin-Lee from 5:00 to 8:00 pm and Tuesday from 9:00 to 10:00 am, prior to the service. A graveside service will begin at 1:00 pm at Dover Cemetery in Dover, MS.
- Richard "Don" Bradford and wife, Kara, Son
- Jeffrey L. Bradford and partner, Harvey L. Haley, Son
- Marshall "Dock" Dyess, Brother
- James Carl "Buck" Dyess, Brother
- J.W. "J-Boy" Dyess, Brother
- Doris Nell McRaney, Sister
- She is also survived by 11 grandchildren, and 4 great grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, Morris Lamar Bradford; parents, W.W. Dyess and Ruthie Pearl Dyess; and siblings, Ernestine “Teny” Daughdrill, Carrie Louise “Easy Baby” Morris, and George Wayne “G-Boy” Dyess.
- Visitation Monday, April 16, 2018
- Funeral Service Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Clara Mae Bradford
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
April 16, 2018
I am heartbroken to hear about Clara's passing. She was a very dear friend. We will all miss her. My thoughts & prayers are with the entire family. When Clara retired from Department of Revenue I hated to see her leave because I knew I would miss her, but I was also proud for her to be able to retire. Rest in peace Clara.
April 15, 2018
"Mama Clara" as I so lovingly called her, was such a sweet & caring woman. I loved her smile and witty personality. I will miss her dearly. My heartfelt love and prayers go out to the family during this time of grief. Just know that she is smiling down on us from Heaven and saying "Don't cry for me for I am finally HOME!"