Doris L. Byrd
September 21, 1926 – September 25, 2019
Doris L. Byrd, 93, went home to Heaven on Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
Visitation will be held from 9:00am to 11:00am, Saturday, September 28, 2019, at Baldwin-Lee Funeral Home in Pearl. Funeral services will follow at 11:00am in the funeral home chapel with interment in the Clear Branch Baptist Church Cemetery, Florence.
Mrs. Byrd was born September 21, 1926, in Hattiesburg, a daughter of the late I.R. Pace and Elba Compere Pace. She was a long time resident of Florence and member of Clear Branch Baptist Church. She retired from Packard Electric after more than 25 years of service. Her pastimes included crossword puzzles and crocheting, but her favorite hobby was spending time with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, Daniel B. Byrd; son, Tommy Byrd; and sister, Bobbie Payne.
Survivors include son, Robert D. Byrd and wife Dianne; daughter, Priscilla Brown; daughter-in-law, Kay Byrd; sister, JoAnne Butler; grandchildren, Jeff Byrd and wife Susan, Nancy Manuel and husband Shane, Mike Byrd and wife Dana, Billy Joe Walker, and Frankie Walker; and great-grandchildren, Ian Byrd, Mia Byrd, Hunter Thomas, Holly Thomas, and Zack Byrd.
The Byrd family wishes to express their sincerest appreciation to the staff of Brandon Court for their care and support throughout the years.
- Robert Byrd & wife Dianne, Son
- Priscilla Brown, Daughter
- Kay Byrd, Daughter-In-Law
- JoAnne Butler, Sister
- Jeff Byrd & wife Susan, Grandchild
- Nancy Manuel & husband Shane, Grandchild
- Mike Byrd & wife Dana, Son
- Billy Joe Walker, Grandchild
- Frankie Walker, Grandchild
- Ian Byrd, Great-Grandchild
- Mia Byrd, Great-Granchild
- Hunter Thomas, Great-Grandchild
- Holly Thomas, Great-Granchild
- Zack Byrd, Great-Grandchild
- Visitation Saturday, September 28, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, September 28, 2019