Mary Evelyn Barnhill Self
December 7, 1935 – October 26, 2019
Evelyn Barnhill Self, 83, of Brandon, passed from this life at Hospice Ministries of Ridgeland, going to be with the Lord, on October 26, 2019.
She was born in Flowood, Mississippi on December 7,1935 to Annie Elizabeth Cotton and William Everett Barnhill. She attended Pearl High School. After retiring from the Tariff Department at AT&T in Basking Ridge, New Jersey she moved home to Brandon, Mississippi.
Evelyn was a member of Pearl United Methodist Church where she enjoyed working with the youth and other church sponsored activities.
Preceded in death by siblings Tom Barnhill, Leon Barnhill, Billie Richardson, Virginia Osbourne and Eloise Roberts. Evelyn was a devoted mother, grandmother and great-grandmother and is survived by daughters Pamela Spell and husband William, Jackie Thompson and husband Britt, and Mike Self and wife Linda. Grandchildren Jon Michael Self and wife Brandy, Jake Caraway Thompson and Brittain Barnhill (Barney) Thompson. Great grandchildren, Levi Self, Laykan Judy and Rowdy Self, and sisters Shirley Ogletree, and Juanita Elliott, and her loving companion Dory.
Funeral services will be held at Baldwin-Lee Funeral home in Pearl. Visitation will be Wednesday October, 30, 2019 1:00 pm with the Service following at 2:00pm. Interment will be held at Lakewood Memorial Park, Jackson, Mississippi at 4:00 pm.
Memorial donations In Evelyn’s name may be made to: The MIND Center at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, where the prevention of Alzheimers and other brain related illnesses are studied and treated.
- Pamela Spell and husband, William, Daughter
- Jackie Thompson and husband, Britt, Daughter
- Mike Self and wife, Linda, Son
- She is also survived by her grandchildren, Jon Michael Self and wife Brandy, Jake Caraway Thompson and Brittain Barnhill (Barney) Thompson; great grandchildren, Levi Self, Laykan Judy and Rowdy Self; and sisters, Shirley Ogletree, and Juanita Elliott; as well as her loving companion Dory.
- Visitation Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, October 30, 2019