Berneda Rose Smith
September 15, 1934 – May 19, 2019
Berneda Rose Smith, 84, of High Point, North Carolina passed away at 8:00 a.m. Sunday, May 19, 2019 at West Chester Harbor Assisted Living. She was born September 15, 1934 in Pekin, Illinois, the daughter of William and Rosa Clauson Uphoff. She married Claus Smith in Bartonville on August 18, 1956. Berneda is survived by one daughter, Valerie (Jeffrey) Bussell of Thomasville, North Carolina; one son, Bruce (Alane) Smith of Bremerton, Washington; five grandchildren and nine great-grandchildren. She is preceded in death by her husband of fifty-three years, and her parents. Berneda is a member of St. John Lutheran Church. Funeral services will be held at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, May 25, 2019 at St. John Lutheran Church in Bartonville. Visitation will be one hour prior to services. Pastor Michael Jones will officiate. Burial will be in St. John Lutheran Church Cemetery. Memorials may be made to St. John Lutheran Church.
- William Uphoff, Father (deceased)
- Rosa Clauson Uphoff, Mother (deceased)
- Claus Smith, Husband of 53 years (deceased)
- Valerie (Jeffrey) Bussell, Daughter
- Bruce (Alana) Smith, Son
- ~ Five ~, Grandchildren
- ~ Nine ~, Great-grandchildren
- Berneda was preceded in death by her parents and husband.
- St. John Lutheran Church
- Visitation Saturday, May 25, 2019
- Funeral Service Saturday, May 25, 2019