Sally C. Jensen
September 16, 1934 – March 11, 2018
Sally C. Jensen, age 83, of Penn Yan, NY passed away Sunday, March 11, 2018 at the Penn Yan Manor Nursing Home in Penn Yan.
Sally was born in Geneva, NY on September 16th, 1934, the daughter of the late, Frances (Bardeen) and Cyril Habberfield. Sally graduated from the Penn Yan Academy Class of 1953. Sally was the co-owned operated the Wagner Restaurant in Penn Yan with her late husband, Ruppert from 1973 to 1995. She and Ruppert had dedicated their lives to the restaurant She was well known for ensuring on band night that the she collected the two dollar cover charge. Sally and Ruppert would entertain themselves by moving into new houses every few years. They would remodel each home to their liking and move on to a new home that needed love. Sally loved to play bingo and collected shoes, purses, and clothes with tags still on them. Sally loved and cherished her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She would often have her grandchildren spend the night and take them to dinner. Sally is survived by her children, Stephanie (Jan) Martens, Bernie (Derry) Jensen, Doug (Lee Anne) Jensen, and Cheryl (Stu Sheppard) Pallar; grandchildren, Bob (Sandra), Katie (Nate) Martens Henderson, and Jim (Hannah) Martens, Nicole (Jim Riek), and Marcy (Paul Martucci) Jensen, Annah and Christian Jensen, and Jena and Jessie (Chad Moravec) Pallar; great grandchildren, Cody, Austin, and Hunter Riek, Ameila and Dylan Lawall, London Martucci, Ava Moravec, Christopher and Tristan Henderson, Leila, Jacob and Lucie Martens, Zara Deveau; sister, Gail Sisson; and several nieces and nephews. In addition to her parents, Sally was predeceased by her husband, Ruppert Jensen; sister, Kay Turner; sister in law, Katie and Moffatt Mosier; and sister in law, Charlotte Carpenter.
Friends and family may call from 3 pm to 5pm on Friday, March 16th, 2018 at the Townsend Wood Funeral Chapel, 201 E. Elm St., Penn Yan, NY 14527. A funeral service celebrating her life will be held at the funeral home following at 5pm. Interment will be at Lakeview Cemetery in Penn Yan at a later date at the convenience of her family. Memorial contributions may be made in Sally’s name to the Penn Yan Manor, 655 N. Liberty St., Penn Yan, NY 14527.
- Frances (Bardeen) Habberfield, Mother
- Cyril Habberfield, Father
- Ruppert Jensen, Husband
- Stephanie (Jan) Martens, Daughter
- Bernie (Derry) Jensen, Son
- Doug (Lee Anne) Jensen, Son
- Cheryl (Stu Sheppard) Pallar, Daughter
- Bob (Sandra) Martens, Grandson
- Katie (Nate) Henderson, Granddaughter
- Jim (Hannah) Martens, Grandson
- Nicole (Jim Riek) Jensen, Granddaughter
- Marcy (Paul Martucci) Jensen, Granddaughter
- Gail Sisson, Sister
- Kay Turner, Sister
- Katie and Moffatt Mosier, Sister-in-law
- Charlotte Carpenter, Sister-in-law
- 13 Great Children and several nieces and nephews
- Visitation Friday, March 16, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, March 16, 2018