James David McClendon
July 7, 1956 – February 2, 2020
Celebration of Life services for James David McClendon, 63, will be 11:00 AM, Saturday, February 15, 2020 in the sanctuary of First Christian Church, 6031 Goodrich Drive, Pensacola, Florida with Pastor Time Clarke officiating under the direction of Bayview Fisher-Pou Chapel. Interment will immediately follow on the grounds of Bayview Memorial Gardens, Pensacola, Florida.
The family will be receiving guests for visitation Saturday, February 15, 2020 from 10:00 AM until time of service at 11: 00 AM.
James was born, July 7, 1956 in Columbus, Georgia to the late A.J. and Lillie Mae Stallings McClendon. He was called from this Heavenly home February, 02, 2020 in Pensacola, Florida. James achieved an Associate’s Degree in Accounting from Pensacola State College. He was a member of First Christian Church. James was a previous Monarch of Zelica Grotto and a member of the Masonic Lodge 15 (Escambia).
James was preceded in death by his parents, and two sisters: Rita and Michi McClendon.
Left to cherish James’s wonderful memories will be his beloved wife Darlene Strahan McClendon, one son Justin McClendon, three grandchildren: Jadyn McClendon, Khimari Mason, Kei’waun McClendon along with many extended family members and a host of wonderful friends.
Memorials may be made in honor of James David McClendon to First Christian Church 6031 Goodrich Drive, Pensacola, Florida or Pensacola Humane Society 5 NQ St, Pensacola, Florida 32505, (850) 432-4250.
The family would like to express their sincerest gratitude to the staff and aides at Solaris Health Care, Regency Hospice, First Christian family and friends for their care and compassion.
- A.J. McClendon (Lillie Mae McClendon), Father (deceased)
- Rita McClendon, Sister (deceased)
- Michi McClendon, Sister (deceased)
- Darlene McClendon, Spouse
- Justin McClendon, Son
- Jadyn McClendon, Grandchild
- Khimari Mason, Grandchild
- Kei'waun McClendon, Grandchild
- Dia Smith (Wayne Smith), Niece
- David Alan Mitchell, Nephew
- Quinn Smith (Levi Smith), Great Niece
- Madison Mitchell (Koty Mitchell), Great Niece
- Visitation Saturday, February 15, 2020
- Funeral Service Saturday, February 15, 2020