June Edith Walke
June 21, 1920 – February 5, 2020
June Edith Walke, age 99, of Pensacola, Florida passed away on Wednesday February 5, 2020. June was born June 21, 1920 to Martha Herrington Kast and Caleb Calvin Kast.
June is survived by; daughter Regina June Walke Rollins (Everett Fremont Rollins Jr); son Richard Calvin Walke (Carole Batdorf Walke); daughter-in-law Emma Pfeiffer Walke; son Thomas Kast Walke (Patricia Ann Boatwright Walke); daughter Candace Gayle Walke Thomas (Ted Rufus Thomas Jr); and daughter Susan Miranda Walke Baker (Michael Ray Baker).
June was preceded in death by her husband Reginald Caryl Walke; son Victor Alan Walke; father Caleb Calvin Kast and mother Martha Herrington Kast; brother Theodore R Kast (Paula Martha Briese Kast); sister Bertha Florence Kast Smith (LaVerne Pickett Smith) and sister Lillian Mabel Kast Nursey (Claude L R Nursey); grandson Joshua Adam Baker.
June was a member of the garden club, winning ribbons at the fair for her Camellias and Staghorn Ferns. June also served in the VFW. The family is grateful to June for being a mother, grandmother, granny, Grand-mommy, Granny-June and Great-granny to them all! She raised her six children and helped with her 26 grandchildren when she could. She has over 75 great-grandchildren and at least 23 great-great-grandchildren. We are all grateful for the breath of life that she has provided. What a unique accomplishment having 131 descendants to love and enjoy.
A visitation for June will be held Thursday, February 13, 2020 from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Bayview Fisher-Pou Chapel, 3351 Scenic Highway 90e, Pensacola, FL 32503. A funeral service will occur Thursday, February 13, 2020 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM, 3351 Scenic Highway 90e, Pensacola, FL 32503. A burial will occur at Barrancas National Cemetery, Pensacola, Florida.
Serving as pallbearers are Rusty Rollins, Jon Rollins, Ryan Thomas, Tommy Walke, John Walke, David Walke, Mikey Baker and Donnie Walke.
Honorary pallbearers will be Ronald C. Nursey, Everett F. Rollins, Jr., Ted R. Thomas, Michael R. Baker, Howard E. Tindall and Farrell E. Stearns.
In memory of June, donations can be made to American Cancer Society and Covenant Hospice. The family would also like to thank Arcadia Health and Rehabilitation Center management and staff for the years of Care rendered to our Mother.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.BayviewFisher-PouChapel.com for the Walke family.
- Caleb Calvin Kast, Father (deceased)
- Martha Herrington Kast, Mother (deceased)
- Theodore R Kast (Paula Martha Briese Kast), Brother (deceased)
- Bertha Florence Kast Smith (LaVerne Pickett Smith), Sister (deceased)
- Lillian Mabel Kast Nursey (Claude L R Nursey), Sister (deceased)
- Reginald Caryl Walke, Husband (deceased)
- Victor Alan Walke, Son (deceased)
- Joshua Adam Baker, Grandson (deceased)
- Regina June Walke Rollins (Everett Fremont Rollins Jr), Daughter
- Richard Calvin Walke (Carole Batdorf Walke), Son
- Emma Pfeiffer Walke, Daughter-in-law
- Thomas Kast Walke (Patricia Ann Boatwright Walke), Son
- Candace Gayle Walke Thomas (Ted Rufus Thomas Jr), Daughter
- Susan Miranda Walke Baker (Michael Ray Baker), Daughter
- Rusty Rollins
- Jon Rollins
- Ryan Thomas
- Tommy Walke
- John Walke
- David Walke
- Mikey Baker
- Donnie Walke
- Visitation Thursday, February 13, 2020
- Funeral Service Thursday, February 13, 2020
June Edith Walke
February 12, 2020
We are so sorry for your loss. We know June is in a better place, and we will truly miss her.
Love Melody and Donald Norris.