Ruthey Lucille McDill
January 24, 1932 – April 10, 2019
Ruthey Lucille McDill January 24, 1932 – April 10, 2019
Ruthey “Lucille” McDill, 87, of Pensacola passed away peacefully and entered the gates of Heaven on Wednesday, April 10th 2019. She was born and raised in Brewton, Alabama and resided in Pensacola most of her life.
Lucille moved to Pensacola in 1953 after marrying the love of her life, the late Leonard “Brooks” McDill. She and Brooks lived a full, adventurous life together. Their interests ranged from riding dune buggies on the beach, to raising Collies and showing horses. Lucille loved creating outdoor adventures and get-togethers for her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. She and Brooks especially loved family camping trips to Fort Pickens National Park and trail rides at Cold Water Horse Trails. Lucille had a gift and passion for cooking, gardening, sewing, and flowers. Lucille was very active at East Brent Baptist where she raised her children, while her later years were spent volunteering at Olive Baptist Church. Her greatest love was her family. She will always be remembered as a vivacious matriarch of a happy, extended family.
Lucille is survived by three children: Ceceilia (Steve) Campbell of Pensacola, Larry (Pamela) McDill of Milton, and Sharon (Donnie) Godwin of Pensacola. She is survived by nine grandchildren: Zachary (Allison) Campbell of Birmingham, AL; Briana Page of Pensacola; Jonathan (Laura) Brooks McDill of Pensacola; Katie (David) Odom of Dellrose, TN; Jesse (Jessica) Campbell of Seattle, WA; Sarah (Justin) Morgan of Denver, CO; Chad (Shilo) Godwin of Pensacola; Katelyn Brooke (Evan) Taylor of Pensacola; and Seth Godwin of Pensacola. Lucille is survived by 16 great-grandchildren: Devyn Page, Nicolas Wilkes, Ty Campbell, Raegan Campbell, Kylee Brooks McDill, Brayden Page, Jackson Page, Austin Campbell, Cooper Campbell, Gabriel Odom, Asher Campbell, Asa Campbell, Mae Lucille Odom, Wyatt Godwin, Autumn Grace Campbell, and Rose Odom.
Lucille was preceded in death by her husband, Brooks McDill; her sister, Anne (Padgett) Alford; her brothers, Winston and Herbert Padgett, Jeannette Ryals; and her great-grandchildren, Aiden Campbell and Elle Campbell.
Funeral services will be held on Saturday, April 13th 2019 at 1:30pm at Olive Baptist Church, with graveside service to follow at Eastern Gate Memorial Gardens.
Lucille’s family would like to thank Dr. Douglass Keith and Pharmacist Elizabeth Lessmann of Sacred Hearth Health System for their kindness and generosity.
- Cecelia (Steve) Campbell, Daughter
- Larry (Pamela) McDill, Son
- Sharon (Donnie) Godwin, Daughter
- Zachary (Allison) Campbell, Grandson
- Briana Page, Granddaughter
- Jonathan (Laura) Brooks McDill, Grandson
- Katie (David) Odom, Granddaughter
- Jesse (Jessica) Campbell, Grandson
- Sarah (Justin) Morgan, Granddaughter
- Chad (Shilo) Godwin, Grandson
- Katelyn Brooke (Evan) Taylor, Granddaughter
- Seth Godwin, Grandson
- Devyn Page, Great Grandson
- Nicolas Wilkes, Great Grandson
- Ty Campbell, Great Grandson
- Raegan Campbell, Great Granddaughter
- Kylee Brooks McDill, Great Granddaughter
- Brayden Page, Great Grandson
- Jackson Page, Great Grandson
- Austin Campbell, Great Grandson
- Cooper Campbell, Great Grandson
- Gabriel Odom, Great Grandson
- Asher Campbell, Great Grandson
- Asa Campbell, Great Grandson
- Mae Lucille Campbell, Great Granddaughter
- Wyatt Godwin, Great Grandson
- Autumn Grace Campbell, Great Granddaughter
- Rose Odom, Great Granddaughter
- Brooks McDill, Husband
- Anne (Padgett) Alford, Sister
- Winston Padgett, Brother
- Herbert Padgett, Brother
- Aiden Campbell, Great Grandson
- Elle Campbell, Great Granddaughter
- Visitation Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Funeral Service Friday, April 12, 2019
Ruthey Lucille McDill
April 19, 2019
Our family would like to express our deepest appreciation to our extended family, our church families so generously helped with her memorial reception, and our mothers dear friends who have served with her at Olive Baptist. Your love, prayers and loyalty through her illness has blessed our hearts!
To both the Mc Dill and Padgett clans; let us make an effort to pass this rare, close knit legacy to the next generation!
With Much Love,