Bernita M. Rigdon
June 11, 1915 – September 28, 2019
Bernita M. Rigdon, 104, of Peoria, passed away Saturday, September 28, 2019 at Proctor Hospital in Peoria.
She was born June 11, 1915 in Canton, IL to Thomas and Alta (Abshire) Flynn. She married Maurice A. Rigdon October 1, 1949 in Peoria. He preceded her in death September 5, 2004. Also preceding her in death were her parents, four brothers and two sisters.
Bernita was a retired beautician who had worked for 37 years.
A funeral will be Tuesday, October 1, 2019 at 1:30 pm with visitation one hour prior to the service at Davison-Fulton Woodland Chapel in Peoria. Burial will follow the service at Greenwood Cemetery in Canton, IL
Memorials may be made to the Humane Society of Fulton County, 22988 E. State Highway 9, Canton, IL 61520. Condolences can be submitted to www.Davison-Fulton.com.
- Thomas Flynn, Father
- Alta Abshire Flynn, Mother
- Maurice A. Rigdon, Husband
- - Two Sisters and Four Brothers
- - Many Nieces and Nephews
- Bernita was preceded in death by her parents, Thomas and Alta; husband, Maurice; and her sisters and brothers
Humane Society of Fulton County
22988 IL-9, Canton, Illinois 61520
- Visitation Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- Funeral Service Tuesday, October 1, 2019