Clifford Otto Meyer
January 21, 1927 – January 8, 2019
Clifford Otto Meyer, 91, of Peoria, passed away January 8, 2019 in Morton.
He was born January 21, 1927 in Peoria to Otto and Lillian (Munsterman) Meyer. He married Jean Vincent May 20, 1951 and she preceded him in death on June 18, 1981. He later married Marilee A. Brunnenmeyer on February 16, 1985 and she preceded him in death on May 25, 1995. Also preceding him in death were his parents, a sister Marilyn June Turner and a step-daughter, Heidi Knepper.
Surviving are his children, Douglas Clifford (Jacqueline) Meyer and Mimi Ann (Steve) Pacey both of Morton; a step-son Eric (Raelyn) Brunnenmeyer of Texas; two grandchildren, Cortney (Mike) Vlahos and Ashley (Tom) Zilla both of Morton; four great-grandchildren, Maxwell Vlahos, Samson Vlahos, Jacob Zilla and Riley Zilla.; and four step-grandchildren, Nicholas and Mackenzie Brunnenmeyer and Meghan and Michael Turbyfill.
Clifford served in the U.S. Navy and graduated from Bradley University in 1950 with a degree in Business. He worked as a savings and loan officer with Commercial Travelers which later became United Federal, where he retired in 1989. Clifford was a member of First English Lutheran Church in Peoria, the Cosmopolitan Club, Masonic Lodge # 46 A.F.& A.M., and a 50 year member of the Scottish Rite and Mohammed Temple Shrine. After retiring Clifford was an avid golfer and loved golfing with the Sand Trappers and was recognized for over 20 years of attendance at Proctor's Cardiac Rehabilitation program.
Cremation will be accorded and a memorial service will be Saturday, January 12, 2018 at 11:00 am with visitation from 9:30 am until start of service at Davison-Fulton Woodland Chapel in Peoria. Burial will follow at Parkview Cemetery at a later date.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society or to First English Lutheran Church. Words of comfort can be shared with the family at www.davison-fulton.com.
- Otto Meyer, Father
- Lillian (Munsterman) Meyer, Mother
- Jean Vincent, Wife
- Marilee A. Brunnenmeyer, Wife
- Marilyn June Turner, Sister
- Heidi Knepper, Step-Daughter
- Douglas Clifford (Jacqueline) Meyer, Son
- Mimi Ann (Steve) Pacey, Daughter
- Eric (Raelyn) Brunnenmeyer, Step-Son
- Courtney (Mike) Vlahos, Grandchild
- Ashley (Tom) Zilla, Grandchild
- Maxwell Vlahos, Great-Grandchild
- Samson Vlahos, Great-Grandchild
- Jacob Zilla, Great-Grandchild
- Riley Zilla, Great-Grandchild
- Nicholas and Mackenzie Brunnenmeyer, Step-Grandchildren
- Meghan and Michael Turbyfill, Step-Grandchildren
- the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- First English Lutheran Church
- Visitation Saturday, January 12, 2019
- Memorial Service Saturday, January 12, 2019
Clifford Otto Meyer
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY
January 10, 2019
Doug, Jackie, Mimi and family, I visited with Cliff shortly before Christmas, part of the visiting we do at First English. We had a short but pleasant visit, remembering a few church memories and also the time when Doug and family lived on Lawndale. Cliff enjoyed talking about his grandkids and great-grandkids as well. He was a fine man and you have my sympathies as you mourn his loss.