Darlene A. Hankins
May 12, 1931 – May 2, 2019
Darlene A Hankins, 87, of Norwood, passed away Thursday, May 2, 2019 at her home.
She was born May 12, 1931 in Kickapoo, IL to Charles and Frances (Mader) Sleeth. She married Lawrence W. Hankins on November 3, 1948 in Peoria. He preceded her in death April 15, 2009. Her parents, one sister, Eleanor Sleeth and her son-in-law, Wayne Smith also preceded her in death.
Surviving are her three children, Carolyn J. Smith of Pekin, Steve (Brenda) Hankins of Brimfield and Connie (Gerald) Hostetter of Marquette Heights. Also surviving are 8 grandchildren, 11 great-grandchildren, 5 great-great-grandchildren, one sister, Carol Weber, one niece and one nephew.
Darlene loved working in her yard, tending her flower gardens, and her beloved dog Cricket.
A visitation will be on Tuesday, May 7, 2019 from 5 to 7 pm at Davison-Fulton Woodland Chapel. A funeral service will be at 11:00 am on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at the funeral home. Burial will follow the service at Swan Lake Memory Gardens in Peoria.
Memorials may be made to T.A.P.S. or a charity of the donor's choice. Words of comfort can be shared with the family at www.davison-fulton.com.
- Charles Sleeth, Father
- Frances (Mader) Sleeth, Mother
- Lawrence W. Hankins, Husband
- Carolyn J. Smith, Daughter
- Steve (Brenda) Hankins, Son
- Connie (Gerald) Hostetter, Daughter
- ~8 Grandchildren
- ~ 11 Great-grandchildren
- ~5 Great-great- granchildren
- Carol Weber, Sister
- ~One niece and one nephew
- ~Beloved dog Cricket
- ~Darlene was preceded in death by her parents; one sister, Eleanor Sleeth and her son-in-law, Wayne Smith
- Visitation Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- Funeral Service Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Burial Wednesday, May 8, 2019
Darlene A. Hankins
May 5, 2019
Please accept my deepest sympathy! You all are in Prayers! I met Dalene at Terri Sleeth's house. She will always be in my Heart and was a very nice Lady! Love Always, Dave Bosserman