George "Barney" Bolton
May 10, 1938 – November 29, 2018
George "Barney" Bolton, 80, of Bayview Gardens, passed away Thursday, November 29, 2018 at his home surrounded by family.
He was born May 10, 1938 in Danville, IL to George H. and Delores (Chapman) Bolton. He married Shirley Gard on August 30, 1957 in Peoria and she preceded him in death in 2008. He was also preceded in death by his parents, two siblings Mary Ann Bolton and Freddie Bolton and a grandson, Nathan Hughes.
Surviving are his four daughters, Teresa (Mark) Mooberry of Mascoutah, Laura Hensley of East Peoria, Shelley Hughes of Clearfield, UT, and Jane (Clint) Whitmer of Cuba; three siblings, Jim (Janice) Bales of Creal Springs, Jerry (Betty) Bales of Temecula, CA and Debbie Bales of Michigan City, IN; 15 grandchildren, Mindy, Michael, Johnny, Joshua, Dawn, Kevin, Kyle, Samantha, Austin, Joey, Tommy, Morgan, Jimmy, Nathanael and Victoria; 12 great-grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
George served in the U.S. Army and worked as a Foreman for Caterpillar Inc. for 37 years before retiring in 1993. He was a member of the U.A.W. Local 974, the Caterpillar retiree club and 97 Repeater Club. George was an avid fisherman and loved waking up early to get on his H.A.M. Radio. He was a devoted husband, loving father, brother and grandfather who will be greatly missed.
A funeral service will be on Wednesday, December 5, 2018 at 2:00 pm with visitation one hour prior to the service at Davison-Fulton Woodland Chapel. Burial will follow the service at Parkview Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to St. Jude Midwest Affiliate. Words of comfort can be shared with the family at www.davison-fulton.com.
- George H. Bolton, Father
- Delores (Chapman) Bolton, Mother
- Shirley (Gard) Bolton, Wife
- Mary Ann Bolton, Sister
- Freddie Bolton, Brother
- Nathan Hughes, Grandson
- Teresa (Mark) Mooberry, Daughter
- Laura Hensley, Daughter
- Shelley Hughes, Daughter
- Jane (Clint) Whitmer, Daughter
- Jim (Janice) Bales, Brother
- Jerry (Betty) Bales, Brother
- Debbie Bales, Sister
- Mindy, Michael, Johnny, Joshua, Dawn, Kevin, Kyle, Samantha, Austin, Joey, Tommy, Morgan, Jimmy, Nathanael and Victoria, 15 Grandchildren
- ~ 12, Great-Grandchildren
- ~ Many, Nieces and Nephews
- St. Jude Midwest Affiliate
- Visitation Wednesday, December 5, 2018
- Funeral Service Wednesday, December 5, 2018