Kenneth B. Roberts
November 22, 1937 – June 10, 2018
Kenneth B. Roberts, 80, of Peoria, passed away Sunday, June 10, 2018 at Manor Court in Peoria. Born November 22, 1937 in Sparta, Tennessee to Dellas and Lela (Bumbalough) Roberts; he married Sandra L. Palmquist on February 25, 1956 at Paris Avenue Church of Christ, of which he was a member, in Peoria. She preceded him in death on June 12, 2014. Also preceding in death were his daughter, Kenna Wingfield and brother, Vernon Roberts.
Surviving are his children, Karen Roberts Lovell of Peoria, Kineta (Ron) Swan of Peoria, Kenny (Shannon) Roberts of Washington, IL; brother, John (Barb) Roberts of Tampa, Florida; sisters-in-law, Ruth Roberts and Shirley Davey; nine grandchildren; six great grandchildren; one great-great grandson and several nieces and nephews.
He retired as a supervising engineer from Caterpillar Inc. in 2000 after 41 years of service. Family was the most important thing in Kenneth’s life. He was an avid automobile enthusiast and enjoyed time spent fishing with family and friends.
Services will be at 10:00 am Friday, June 15, 2018 at Davison-Fulton Woodland Chapel with Ron Roberts, his nephew, officiating. Burial will follow at Parkview Cemetery in Peoria. Visitation will be 5:00-7:00 pm Thursday at Woodland Chapel. Memorials are suggested to the Alzheimer’s Association-Illinois Chapter.
- Dellas Roberts, Father
- Lela Bumbalough Roberts, Mother
- Sandra L. Palmquist Roberts, Wife
- Karen Roberts Lovell, Daughter
- Kineta and Ron Swan, Daughter
- Kenny and Shannon Roberts, Son
- Kenna Wingfield, Daughter
- John and Barb Roberts, Brother
- Vernon and Ruth Roberts, Brother
- Shirley Davey, Sister-in-law
- - Nine Grandchildren
- - Six Great-Grandchildren
- - One Great-Great Grandson
- - Several Nieces and Nephews
- Kenneth was preceded in deaty by his parents, Dellas and Lela; wife, Sandra; daughter, Kenna Wingfield; and brother, Vernon
- Bryan W.
- Blake W.
- Jarod S.
- Brogan W.
- Andrew R.
- Kenny R.
- Ron S.
- Rick L.
- Tony W.
- Brett H.
- Alzheimer’s Association ~ Illinois Chapter
- Visitation Thursday, June 14, 2018
- Funeral Service Friday, June 15, 2018