Robert Earl Haynes Sr.
March 23, 1931 – September 12, 2018
Robert Earl Haynes Sr. was born on March 23, 1931 in Cairo, MO to Ray and Jewell (Reynolds) Haynes. He died at 87 years old on September 12, 2018 at 8:05PM at St. Anthony’s Hospital in Lakewood, CO surrounded by his family who loved him with all their hearts. Bob, also known as Red, and his wife lived in several states and cities over their 61 ½ years of marriage and left a trail of family and friends everywhere they went. A proud member of the Masonic Lodge, the Eastern Star and the International Union of Elevator Constructors he was a kind and bighearted guy who loved his wife, family and the multitudes of friends. He was a math whiz and loved woodworking. He worked with wood all his life making everything from Whooie Sticks and bug houses for children, carvings, fine furniture and even houses. He was a big St. Louis Cardinal’s baseball fan and enjoyed jousting with fans of other teams, in fact with his sharp sense of wit and word play, enjoyed verbal banter on most any subject. While he will live on in the hearts and souls of all those whose paths he crossed, we will all miss him. He is survived by his wife Dorothy (Hurford) Haynes, his son Robert E. Haynes Jr., sister Shirley Jane Brown of Peoria, brothers Richard (Dick) Wayne Haynes of Phoenix, AZ and Ronald (Ronnie) Lee Haynes of Midland, MI, three grandchildren, three great grandchildren and a large number of nephews and nieces. He was preceded in death by his father and mother Ray and Jewell Haynes, sisters; Dorothy Mae Graves, Agnes Imogene Robertson, Ella Louise Bramham, Bettie Faye Haynes, Mary Louann Starr and brothers; Harold Lynmoore Haynes, George Ewing Haynes, Joseph Warren Haynes, Billy Ray Haynes. The visitation will be on September 22, 2018 at Davidson Fulton Funeral Home (2021 N. University St. Peoria, IL 309-688-5700) with the visitation between 10:00 – 11:00 and the services from 11:00 – 12:00. The grave side services will be at 12:30 at Swan Lake Cemetery (4601 W. War Memorial Dr. Peoria, IL 309-691-2463).
- Ray Haynes, Father
- Jewell (Reynolds) Haynes, Mother
- Dorothy(Hurford) Haynes, Wife
- Robert E. Haynes Jr., Son
- Shirley Jane Brown, Sister
- Richard (Dick) Wayne Haynes, Brother
- Ronald (Ronnie) Lee Haynes, Brother
- ~ three, Grandchildren
- ~ three, Great Grandchildren
- ~ large number, Nieces and Nephews
- Robert was preceded in death by his father and mother Ray and Jewell Haynes, sisters; Dorothy Mae Graves, Agnes Imogene Robertson, Ella Louise Bramham, Bettie Faye Haynes, Mary Louann Starr and brothers; Harold Lynmoore Haynes, George Ewing Haynes, Joseph Warren Haynes, Billy Ray Haynes.
- Visitation Saturday, September 22, 2018
- Funeral Service Saturday, September 22, 2018