Anna Gail Chappell
July 2, 1954 – May 30, 2021
Mrs. Anna Gail Rumsey Chappell
Pickens, SC – Mrs. Anna Gail Rumsey Chappell, age 66, went to be with her Lord and Savior on May 30, 2021. Mrs. Chappell was born in Greenville County, South Carolina and was the daughter of the late Floyd Rumsey and Geneva Brown Rumsey and beloved wife to David Chappell. Survivors include her husband of 36 years and two daughters: Anna Davis (Pete) from Pickens, South Carolina and Detra Fipps (David) from Rochester, Minnesota. Also surviving is one grandchild Nathaniel Davis from Pickens, South Carolina and a sister Barbara Harris from Old Fort, North Carolina. Mrs. Chappell was predeceased by three brothers Billy, Gary and Perry Rumsey.
Mrs. Chappell loved the Christmas Season and spent her year in preparation to make it extra special. She baked, crafted and made gifts just to make the time with family memorable. Baking was her favorite, and she had many popular, family cake recipes including her apple cake. She also enjoyed gardening, scrapbooking and attending auctions throughout the year.
A graveside service will be held at Holly Springs Baptist Church, 3450 Table Rock Road, Pickens SC 29671, at 2:00 PM on Thursday, June 3, 2021. The Reverend Justin Anderson will be officiating. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the “Make a Wish Foundation” at Wish.org.
Dillard Funeral Home is assisting the Chappell family.
Online condolences may be sent to www.dillardfunerals.com
- Floyd Rumsey, Father (deceased)
- Geneva Brown Rumsey, Mother (deceased)
- David Chappell, Spouse
- Anna Davis (Pete), Daughter
- Detra Fipps (David), Daughter
- Nathaniel Davis, Grandchild
- Barbara Harris, Sister
- Billy Rumsey, Brother (deceased)
- Gary Rumsey, Brother (deceased)
- Perry Rumsey, Brother (deceased)
- Pete Davis, Pallbearer
- David Fipps, Pallbearer
- Nathaniel Davis, Pallbearer
- Billy Chappell, Pallbearer
- Jason Lovell, Pallbearer
- Wayne Johnson, Pallbearer
- Donald Chappell, Honorary Pallbearer
- Matt Chappell, Honorary Pallbearer
- Ronald Chappell, Honorary Pallbearer
Thursday, June 3, 2021