Tommy Roy Amacker Sr.
October 12, 1933 – April 9, 2018
Tommy Roy Amacker, Sr., 84, of Poplarville, Mississippi, passed away on Monday, April 9, 2018 at his residence, surrounded by family.
Mr. Amacker was born October 12, 1933 in Poplarville to John Floyd Amacker and Agnes Fornea Amacker. He was a retired Supply Clerk with the former Gaylord Container Corporation in Bogalusa, Louisiana. He was a member of Serenity Baptist Church and served in the United States Army.
In addition to his parents, he is preceded in death by one daughter, Cindy Bria; and one sister, Johnnie Godwin.
Family members include his wife, Laura "Lollie" Wise Amacker; two children, Cathy (Mike) Burdette, Tommy Roy (Karen) Amacker, Jr.; two sisters, Jo Ann Penton, Rose Gentry; seven grandchildren, Matthew Burdette, Tyler Amacker, Kristen Burdette, Eric Bria, Brandie Bria, Anna Grace Amacker, Mallorie Amacker; and three great grandchildren; Lauren Bria, Kaden Amacker, and Aliva Amacker.
Funeral services will be at White Funeral Home, 315 Highway 11 South, Poplarville, MS, 39470 on Friday, April 13, 2018 at 11:00 am. Rev. Ed Penton will officiate the service. Burial will follow in Amacker Cemetery. The family will receive friends and have visitation from 6:00 pm until 9:00 pm, Thursday at the funeral home.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be given at www.whitefuneralhomepoplarville.com for the Amacker Family.
White Funeral Home, (601) 795-4982.
- Laura (Lollie) Wise Amacker, Wife
- Cathy (Mike) Burdette, Daughter
- Tommy Roy (Karen) Amacker, Jr., Son
- Jo Ann Penton, Sister
- Rose Gentry, Sister
- Seven grandchildren Matthew Burdette, Tyler Amacker, Kristen Burdette, Eric Bria, Brandie Bria, Anna Grace Amacker, Mallorie Amacker; three great-grand-children; Lauren Bria, Kaden Amacker and Aliva Amacker.
- Visitation Thursday, April 12, 2018
- Funeral Ceremony Friday, April 13, 2018