Gloria Jean Adams
March 20, 1931 – May 12, 2019
Gloria Jean Adams, 88, of Port Lavaca, passed away on Mother's Day, May 12, 2019. She was born in Lansing, MI to Lawrence A. and Hazel Kurtz on March 20, 1931. Gloria went to school at Port Lavaca High School, class of 1948. She married Charles M. Adams on January 27, 1949 in Victoria, TX. She worked as a school bus driver for Calhoun County Independent School District for 14 years. Gloria was involved in the hospital auxiliary, senior citizens center, and played women's softball in the 1950s.
She is preceded in death by her parents; step-mother, Gladys Kurtz; parents-in-law, Charles and Ester Adams; her husband; her brother, Larry Kurtz; and brother-in-law, James G. Adams.
Gloria is survived by her daughters, Yvonne (James) Wagner and Karen (David) Willis all of Port Lavaca; sons, Charles L. Adams of Rockport and Adam (Becky) Adams; grandchildren, Aaron (April) Wagner of Aledo, Ryan (A.J.) Wagner of Round Rock, Brance Adams, Trace Adams, Kyle (Kortney) Adams all of Texas, April (Nick) Cecava of Corpus Christi, Natalie (Amber) Brown-Willis of Schertz, Kris (Angela) Adams of Lake Jackson, Zane (K.K.) Adams of Mississippi; great-grandchildren, Alan, Avery, and Ashton Wagner, Hunter (Kaitlyn) and Carter Wagner, Bracen Adams, Eli, Sam, and Lyla Cecava, Rowan Brown-Willis, and Mia Adams; sisters-in-law, Kerrie Adams of Gonzales and Jill Kurtz of Florida. She also leaves behind nieces, Cara, Julia, and Amanda and cousins to cherish her memory.
Funeral service will be held at 2PM on Saturday, May 18, 2019, at Richardson-Colonial Funeral Home with Carl Westbrook officiating. Burial will follow at the Seadrift Cemetery on Cemetery Rd in Seadrift, TX.
Pallbearers will be Aaron Wagner, Alan Wagner, Ashton Wagner, Ryan Wagner, Hunter Wagner, Carter Wagner, Kyle Adams, and Nick Cecava.
Honorary pallbearers will be Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary, Virgil Martin, Calhoun County school bus drivers, her grandchildren, and her great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be given to the Salvation Army, Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary, or a charity of your choice.
The family of Gloria Jean Adams wishes to extend their sincere thanks to Dr. John Wright, Dr. Timu Kwi, nurses and staff at Memorial Medical Center, and Fr. Scott Hill.
- Charles M. Adams, Husband
- Lawrence A. Kurtz, Father
- Hazel Kurtz, Mother
- Gladys Kurtz, Step-Mother
- Charles Adams, Father-in-law
- Ester Adams, Mother-in-law
- Larry Kurtz, Brother
- James G. Adams, Brother-in-law
- Yvonne (James) Wagner, Daughter
- Karen (David) Willis, Daughter
- Charles L. Adams, Son
- Adam (Becky) Adams, Son
- Aaron (April) Wagner, Grandchild
- Ryan (A.J.) Wagner, Grandchild
- Brance Adams, Grandchild
- Trace Adams, Grandchild
- Kyle (Kortney) Adams, Grandchild
- April (Nick) Cecava, Grandchild
- Natalie (Amber) Brown-Willis, Grandchild
- Kris (Angela) Adams, Grandchild
- Zane (K.K.) Adams, Grandchild
- Alan, Avery and Ashton Wagner, Great-Grandchildren
- Hunter (Kaitlyn) and Carter Wagner, Great-Grandchildren
- Bracen Adams, Great Grandchild
- Eli, Sam, and Lyla Cecava, Great-Grandchildren
- Rowan Brown-Willis, Great Grandchild
- Mia Adams, Great Grandchild
- Kerrie Adams, Sister-in-law
- Jill Kurtz, Sister-in-law
- Mrs. Adams also leaves behind nieces, Cara, Julia, and Amanda and cousins to cherish her memory.
- Aaron Wagner
- Alan Wagner
- Ashton Wagner
- Ryan Wagner
- Hunter Wagner
- Carter Wagner
- Kyle Adams
- Nick Cecava
- Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary, Honorary
- Virgil Martin, Honorary
- Calhoun County School Bus Drivers, Honorary
- Grandchildren, Honorary
- Great-Grandchildren, Honorary
- Salvation Army
- Memorial Medical Center Auxiliary
- Charity of your choice
- Funeral Service Saturday, May 18, 2019