September 5, 1926 – August 25, 2020
Rita Whitener, 93, of Port Lavaca passed away August 25, 2020. She was born September 5, 1926 in Racine, WI. Rita worked as a sales representative for Avon for many years and was a Catholic. She is survived by her daughter, Victoria McPherson (Allen) of Port Lavaca; son, Christopher J. Rhine (Sandy) of Sugarland; step-daughters, Irin Sue Faylor (Nick) of Port Lavaca, and Rebecca Williams (Mark) of Wimberly; daughter-in-law, Donna Burgess Rhine of Gautiee, MS; and numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her husband, Robert L. Whitener; parents, Arthur and Alice Fleming; and son, Michael E. Rhine. Family Graveside services will be held on Tuesday, September 1, 2020 at 10 a.m. at Greenlawn Gardens Cemetery in Port Lavaca. Words of comfort may be shared with the family at www.richardsoncolonial.com.
- Robert L. Whitener, Husband (deceased)
- Arthur Fleming, Father (deceased)
- Alice Kimberlein Fleming, Mother (deceased)
- Victoria McPherson (Allen), Daughter & Son-in-law
- Christopher J. Rhine (Sandy), Son and Daughter-in-law
- Michael E. Rhine, Son (deceased)
- Donna Burgess Rhine, Daugher-in-law
- Irin Sue Faylor (Nick), Step-Daughter and Son-in-law
- Rebecca Williams (Mark), Step-Daughter and Son-in-law
- Mrs. Whitener also leaves behind numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren to cherish her memory.
Learn more about the Whitener name
Family Graveside Service
Tuesday, September 1, 2020