Bessie Tatum Kelley
November 12, 1931 – October 26, 2018
Bessie Tatum Kelley, 86, of Prattville, passed away Friday October 26, 2018. Visitation will begin at 10:00 AM Tuesday at Ridout’s Prattville Chapel followed by a Celebration of Life at 11:00 AM in the funeral home chapel with Dr. Travis Coleman officiating. Burial will follow in Prattville Memorial Gardens. Mrs. Kelley was born on November 12, 1931 to the late John Wesley Tatum and Jincy Lee Pace Tatum. She was a longtime member of Prattville First Baptist Church.
Mrs. Kelley had a love of birds and enjoyed reading the Bible, vegetable and flower gardening, crocheting, sewing and was an avid Alabama Football Fan. She is survived by two daughters and sons-in-law, Sheila and Jerry Tatum, Cynthia and Stanford “Stan” Ferguson; a son Gerald Kelley; sisters Jessie Kelley, Erline T. Clark and Thelma Costello; four grandchildren, Butch Tatum, Shane White, Trent Tatum, Tracey Reed and a host of other grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, other family members and close friends. Pallbearers will be Butch Tatum, Trent Tatum, Lane Tatum, Shane White, Robert Reed, Keith Kelley, Ronald Kelley, Kenneth Kelley.
The Kelley family would like extend a thanks to caregivers Andreia, Sheila, Pat and to the staff of Kendred Hospice.
Flowers are appreciated or memorial contributions may be made to the Prattville First Baptist Church.
- Sheila and Jerry Tatum, Daughter and son in law
- Cynthia and Stanford "Stan" Ferguson, Daughter and son in law
- Gerald Kelley, Son
- Jessie Kelley, Sister
- Erline T. Clark, Sister
- Thelma Costello, Sister
- Grandchildren: Butch Tatum, Shane White, Trent Tatum, Tracey Reed and a host of other grandchildren, great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, other family members and close friends.
- Visitation Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Celebration of Life Tuesday, October 30, 2018
- Burial in Prattville Memory Gardens