David Randy Blakeney
June 9, 1956 – October 24, 2018
David Randy Blakeney, 62, of Deatsville, Alabama, passed away Wednesday October 25, 2018. Visitation will begin at 5:00 PM Thursday November 1st at Ridout’s Prattville Chapel followed by a Celebration of Life at 6:00 PM in the funeral home chapel with Minister Brent Missildine officiating.
Randy was born on June 9, 1956 in Demopolis, Alabama. He was a devoted and loving father and grandfather and will always be remembered for his willingness to help anyone in need. He was a highly experienced heating/air conditioning technician as well an electrician and plumber. He enjoyed outdoor activities such as hunting and fishing. He also enjoyed baseball and was an avid Alabama Football fan and loved coaching his sons.
He is survived by his two sons, MSgt. David Randy Blakeney and his wife Dominica, of Owings, Maryland, SSgt. William Harrell Blakeney and his wife, Stephanie, of Deatsville, Alabama; five grandchildren, Isabelle, Lucas, Amelia, Thomas, Seeley and a host of other family members and friends.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Paralyzed Veterans of America, the Wounded Warrior Project or to any veteran’s assistance organization of your choice.
- David Randy II and Dominica Blakeney, Son and daughter in law
- William "Will" Harrell and Stephanie Blakeney, Son and daughter in law
- Grandchildren; Isabelle, Lucas, Amelia, Thomas, Seeley and a host of other family members and close friends.
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- The Wouned Warrior Project
- Any veterans assisitance organization of your choice
- Visitation Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Clebration of Life Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Funeral Service Monday, November 5, 2018
David Randy Blakeney
November 5, 2018
He will be missed and forever loved!
November 4, 2018
Randy was a great guy I knew from high school as I was good friends with his Wonderful Sister Cindy who left her mark on our hearts in our Junior year at Demopolis Academy. No doubt there is a glorious reunion now.
My sympathies along with some special memories go out to you all and your family.
John N. Fox
November 2, 2018
He and Johnny went to DHS with me. They both were two of the kindest people you'd ever want to meet. My prayers to the family for God's peace to comfort you.