Mary Rebecca Ross
February 14, 1925 – August 1, 2018
Mary Rebecca Ross, 93, a lifelong Autauga County resident, passed away Wednesday August 1, 2018. A Celebration of Life was held at 2:00 PM Friday August 3rd at Ridout's Prattville Chapel with Ministers Bobby Golson and Thomas Bulger officiating. Burial followed in the County Line Church of Christ Cemetery.
Mrs. Ross was born on February 14, 1925 to the late Julius Hollon and Lola Chavers Hollon. For 60 years she was a devoted member of the County Line Church of Christ and the Owens Road Church of Christ. Other than her parents she is preceded in death by her husband, Alvin Ross, Sr.; a son, Roger Ross; a daughter in law, Jane Ross; 4 brothers, Allen, Edward, Thomas and Robert Hollon; 2 sisters, Emma Hollon Higgins and Evelyn Hollon Wright.
She is survived by a son and daughter in law, Alvin and Vikki Ross; 4 daughters and sons in law, Mary and Sam Gibbons, Marilyn and Damon Barsh, Patricia and Tommy Bulger, Peggy and Bobby Golson; 13 grandchildren, 30 great grandchildren, 5 great, great grandchildren (with 2 more expected), and a host of nieces, nephews, other family members and close friends. Pallbearers will be John Hannon, Donnie Spiers, Eric Jacks, Jim Boyd, Donny Johnson and Morgan Cummings with Nathan Bulger serving as honorary pallbearer.
The family would like to extend a special word of thanks to Mrs. Ross’ caregivers, Carol Dean, Diane Crosby, Teresa Nance, and to the staff of Amedesys Hospice for their help and support.
- Alvin and Vikki Ross, Son and daughter in law
- Mary and Sam Gibbons, Daughter and son in law
- Marilyn and Damon Brash, Daughter and son in law
- Patricia and Tommy Bulger, Daughter and son in law
- Peggy and Bobby Golson, Daughter and son in law
- 13 grandchildren, 30 great grandchildren, 5 great, great grandchildren (with 2 more on the way) and a host of nieces, nephews, other family members and close friends.
- Visitation Friday, August 3, 2018
- Celebration of Life Friday, August 3, 2018
Mary Rebecca Ross
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY