Dr. Daniel Louis Randazzo
October 7, 1934 – November 4, 2018
Dr. Daniel Louis Randazzo, 84, of Reading, passed away peacefully on Sunday, November 4, 2018 in Tower Health Reading Hospital. He was the loving partner of the late Dorothy W. Konopelski.
Born in Reading on October 7, 1934, Daniel was a son of the late Charles and Caroline (DiMaria) Randazzo. He was a member of St. Margaret's Roman Catholic Church parish. He was a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA and The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
Daniel proudly served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War. He served in the 101st Airborne Division, 82nd Airborne Division and the 11th Airborne Division.
Initially, he started his Chiropractic Profession in Davenport, Iowa and then established his own chiropractic office to N. 5th St. in Reading as Chiropractor Health Services Inc. and retired in 1988. Prior to that he worked at Penn Title and was the co-owner and manager of Winchester Gun Club in Moselum Springs.
Daniel enjoyed fishing with his brother, Michael and sons Charles and Dana. He started the YMCA Judo Classes in Reading and he was on the Berks County SCUBA Rescue team. He loved family gatherings and real Italian food. He relished his time with his good friend, Herbert Dietrich. He enjoyed meeting at Williams Restaurant to discuss anything and everything and to debate it whole heartedly with his buddies especially with Junior, Teddy and Frank. Daniel was proudly a jokester and contrarian to the end. He loved his dogs Charlie 1, Charlie 2, Charlie 3, and trained them to do amazing things.
Surviving is his brother, Frank D. Randazzo of Reading; sister, Cross R. (Randazzo) Dana of Westchester; two nephews, Charles M. Randazzo and his wife, Susan and Dana S. Randazzo and his wife, Jacquelyn and niece, Maria B. (Randazzo) Fisher and her husband, Charles. Nephew, Frank J. Randazzo and two nieces, Anita E. Ableson and Rochelle Ganster. Nephew, James F. Polito II, and his wife, Nancy and niece, Paula D. Corsones and her husband, Dean. Two nephews, Roger Neddo and his wife, Jana and Guy Neddo and his wife, Trudy and niece, Gina Griffin and her husband, Martin. Nephew, Maurice Dana and niece Adrianne Dana.
Also surviving is loyal friend and "right hand girl" of 10 years, Darla Jackson and her children, Danielle, Michelle "Bell", Tina and Jarret of Reading.
In addition to his parents and his companion, Daniel is predeceased by a brother, Michael A. Randazzo; two sisters, Daisy R. (Randazzo) Polito and Josephine (Randazzo) Neddo and a niece, Carla B. (Randazzo) Coast.
Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Friday, November 9, 2018 at 10am in St. Margaret's Roman Catholic Church, 925 Centre Ave, Reading, PA 19601. A viewing will be in the church on Friday from 9 to 10am. Daniel will be laid to rest with his family in Gethsemane Cemetery following the mass where Military Honors will be accorded.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Mary's Shelter, 615 Kenhorst Blvd., Reading, PA 19611 or Hope Rescue Mission, 645 N. 6th St., Reading, PA 19601.
Fond memories and online condolences for the family may be made at www.TheoCAuman.com
- Dorothy W. Konopelski, Companion
- Charles Randazzo, Father
- Caroline (DiMaria) Randazzo, Mother
- Frank D. Randazzo, Brother
- Cross R. (Randazzo) Dana, Sister
- Charles M. Randazzo and his wife Susan, Nephew
- Dana S. Randazzo and his wife Jacquelyn, Nephew
- Maria B. (Randazzo) Fisher and her husband Charles, Niece
- Frank J. Randazzo, Nephew
- Anita E. Ableson, Niece
- Rochelle Ganster, Niece
- James F. Polito II and his wife Nancy, Nephew
- Paula D. Corsones and her husband Dean, Niece
- Roger Neddo and his wife Jana, Nephew
- Guy Neddo and his wife Trudy, Nephew
- Gina Griffin and her husband Martin, Niece
- Maurice Dana, Nephew
- Adrianne Dana, Niece
- Michael A. Randazzo, Brother
- Daisy R. (Randazzo) Polito, Sister
- Josephine (Randazzo) Neddo, Sister
- Carla B. (Randazzo) Coast, Niece
- Also surviving is loyal friend and "right hand girl" of 10 years, Darla Jackson and her children, Danielle, Michelle "Bell", Tina and Jarret of Reading.
- Viewing Friday, November 9, 2018
- A Mass of Christian Burial Friday, November 9, 2018
- Burial Friday, November 9, 2018
Dr. Daniel Louis Randazzo
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY