June 2, 1920 – August 12, 2019
Edgeco Richardson 99, of Reading went home to his Lord and Savior on Monday August 12, 2019 in Phoenixville Hospital. He was born in Bladenburg, N.C. on June 2, 1920 a son of the late Sidney and Ada (Williams) Richardson.
He was a proud veteran serving his country in the Army during WWII. Edgeco was a cook in the military and continued his expertise as a master chef working for Horning & Hodrick in N.Y. for over 20 years. He then was employed by Seafood Shanty for 14 years and Boscov's Greenery for 14 years. He enjoyed watching FOX News and was an impeccable dresser. Edgeco attended Zion Baptist Church and St John's Missionary Baptist Church.
Surviving are many nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews, and many extended relatives and close family friends. Edgeco was predeceased by his twin brother, Angelo Richardson, his sisters, Pearl Alexander, Silverlean Morrison-Roan, and Rosalie McKale-Beattie.
Home Going Celebration will be Friday August 16, 2019 at 11am in Theo C Auman Funeral Home, 247 Penn St., Reading. Burial will be Monday August 19, 2019 at 9:30am in Ft Indiantown Gap with full military honors. If attending the burial, please be at 247 Penn St no later than 8:15am. Viewing will be Friday 10-11am in the funeral home. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Wounded Warriors Project, PO Box 758516 Topeka, KS. 66675-8516. Online condolences may be made at www.theocauman.com
- Sidney Richardson, Father (deceased)
- Ada Richardson, Mother (deceased)
- Angelo Richardson, Brother (deceased)
- Pearl Alexander, Sister (deceased)
- Silverlean Morrison-Roan, Sister (deceased)
- Rosalie McKale-Beattie, Sister (deceased)
- Surviving are many nieces, nephews, great nieces, great nephews, and close extended relatives and family friends.
- Visitation Friday, August 16, 2019
- Home Going Services Friday, August 16, 2019
- Burial Monday, August 19, 2019