Elsie (Mann) Terrell
February 9, 1917 – February 9, 2020
Elsie (Mann) Terrell, age 103, of Reading, entered eternal rest on Sunday, February 9, 2020, surrounded by her loving family. She was born February 9, 1917 to the late Julius and Mary Virginia (Nelson) Mann, in Memphis, TN.
Elsie worked as a nurse’s aide for several years at Hamburg State School & Hospital and retired from Wernersville State Hospital. She was a kind and simple woman who did not need or want for much. She was an avid BINGO player and played up to 6 months ago. However, Elsie absolutely treasured spending time with her family and friends.
Elsie's spirit will be carried on by; son Edward "Hatch" Mann, of Reading; daughter Deborah "Debbie" Terrell, of Reading; honorary daughter Dee Dee Moseley; 9 grandchildren Tracy Pruitt, Yvonne Harris, Monica Mann, Ricky Pegram, Michael Pegram, Rory Pegram, Tanya Mann, Letitia Holt and Jason Terrell. Elsie also leaves behind ; 14 great grandchildren Marquita Pruitt, Ryan Pruitt, Letia White, David White Sr., Shannan Sims, Shantel Sims, Jahuan Pegram, Major Shannel Pegram, USAF, Dante Pegram, Jordhan Peterson, Sean Peterson, David Holt III, Zariya Holt, Aajaylah "AJ" Terrell; 15 great great grandchildren Lilliana, Raymond, Marco, Jarvis, Diamante, Austin, David Jr., Aaron, Zhaneah, Nashaun, Aaziyah, Myah, McKenna, Rosalee, Soraya ; 1 great great great grandson Haven and 2 nieces Norma and Edith to cherish her memory.
In addition to her parents, her husband Archie Lee Terrell; son Harold Orlando Delano Mann; daughter Lillie Jean (Weaver) Middleton; granddaughter Toni Pruitt, daughter-in law Brenda Mann; two sisters, Magdalene Brown and Charlie Jones greeted her in Heaven.
A viewing for Elsie will be held Tuesday, February 18, 2020 from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM at Theo C. Auman Inc., 247 Penn Street, Reading, PA 19601. Home going service will commence at 12:00 PM with Pastor Wayne Robinson. officiating. A graveside committal will follow at Berks County Memorial Gardens, 201 Evansville Rd, Fleetwood, PA 19522.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.TheoCAuman.com for the Terrell and Mann family.
- Julius Mann, Father (deceased)
- Mary Virginia (nelson) Mann, Mother (deceased)
- Archie Lee Terrell, Husband (deceased)
- Harold orlando Delano Mann, Son (deceased)
- Lillian Jean (Weaver) Middleton, Daughter (deceased)
- Toni Pruitt, Granddaughter (deceased)
- Magdalene Brown, Sister (deceased)
- Charlie Jones, Sister (deceased)
- Edward "Hatch" La Clifford Mann, Son
- Brenda Mann, Daughter-in-law (deceased)
- Deborah "Debbie" Terrell, Daughter
- Tracy Pruitt, Granddaughter
- Yvonne Harris, Granddaughter
- Monica Mann, Granddaughter
- Ricky Pegram, Grandson
- Michael Pegram, Grandson
- Rory Pegram, Grandson
- Tanya Mann, Granddaughter
- Letitia Holt, Granddaughter
- Jason Terrell, Grandson
- Marquita Pruitt, Great Granddaughter
- Ryan Pruitt, Great Grandson
- Letia White, Great Granddaughter
- David White Sr., Great Grandson
- Shannan Sims, Great Granddaughter
- Shantel Sims, Great Granddaughter
- Jahuan Pegram, Great Grandson
- Major Shannel Pegram, USAF, Great Granddaughter
- Dante Pegram, Great Grandson
- Jordhan Peterson, Great Granddaughter
- Sean Peterson, Great Grandson
- David Holt III, Great Grandson
- Zariya Holt, Great Granddaughter
- Aajaylah "AJ" Terrell, Great Grandson
- Lilliana, Great Great Granddaughter
- Raymond, Great Great Grandson
- Marco, Great Great Grandson
- Jarvis, Great Great Grandson
- Diamante, Great Great Granddaughter
- Austin, Great Great Grandson
- David Jr., Great Great Grandson
- Aaron, Great Great Grandson
- Zhaneah, Great Great Granddaughter
- Nashaun, Great Great Grandson
- Aaziyah, Great Great Granddaughter
- Myah, Great Great Granddaughter
- McKenna, Great Great Granddaughter
- Rosalee, Great Great Granddaughter
- Soraya, Great Great Granddaughter
- Haven, Great Great Great Grandson
- Norma, Niece
- Edith, Niece
- Jason Terrell
- Wayne Robinson
- Todd Wilson
- Walter Price
- David Holt
- Marvin Burch
- Viewing Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Homegoing Service Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- Graveside Commital Tuesday, February 18, 2020
Elsie (Mann) Terrell
Glarneice Green & Norman Pettiford
February 18, 2020
To The Family: So sorry for your loss. Sending Love, Prayers and Condolences. May God continue to bless you all in this time of sorrow. Just know that you have an Angel watching over you. Keep her memories close to your heart. May Mrs Elsie R.I.P.
February 17, 2020
I worked with Elsie many years ago at Hamburg.I was a young nurse just starting out in my career. Elsie was so kind , patient and had a wonderful sense of humor.Thank you Elsie, you taught me well.
February 16, 2020
Rest In Peace, Elsie. It was a pleasure working with you so many years ago. You were a great worker and truly a joy to be around.
February 16, 2020
I recall my grandmom, it was her 100th birthday and the family took her out to the ugly oyster to celebrate. Well grandmom spotted some cupcakes on the bar and asked if she could have one, because she was hungry and said no one will notice 1 missing. I became her partner in crime and retrieved her a cupcake. Little did she know the cupcakes were hers all along. I will always have that memory of her which makes me smile everytime I think of her.