Franklin D. McCrory
February 20, 1935 – October 10, 2018
Franklin D. McCrory, 83, of Reading, PA, formerly of Manchester, GA, departed his life on Wednesday October 10, 2018. Surviving is his devoted spouse, Leanour (Mendez) McCrory of Reading, PA. The couple married in Bethel A.M.E. Church, Reading on April 17, 1982 and shared 36 years of marriage.
Born in Talbert Co., GA on February 20, 1935, Franklin was a son of the late Julian and Georgia Lee (Benning) McCrory. He was employed with Manchester Mill in Georgia for several years before moving to Pennsylvania. In Reading, he was employed for 29 years in the paint shop with Dana Corp.
Franklin attended services at Bethel A.M.E. Church on Windsor St. in Reading, PA with his loving wife, Leanour.
Franklin was very social and liked to entertain friends and family. He enjoyed cards, playing Dominos, watching black and white films on AMC, hunting and fishing. He was an excellent cook that learned from his sweetheart. It is said that his curry chicken was the best! Franklin was a supportive, loving father, stepfather, grandfather and great grandfather.
Left behind to cherish his memory are four daughters: Georgia Ann Eady, Deverly Parham, Vivian McCrory and Pamela Smith; two sons: sons Franklin D. McCrory and his wife, Angelyn and Dexter McCrory and his wife, Marina; a step-daughter: Laverne Wallace; and step-son: Jason Richardson; his three sisters: Gloria Harrison and her husband, Wiley, Julia Moore and Gladys Campbell; 13 grandchildren Nivea Ellis, Christopher McCrory,Yolanda Partridge, Jacob McCrory, Devon McCrory, Chloe McCrory, Elijah McCrory, Danielle McCrory, Tyres McCrory, Kacie Callier, Mekayla Clarke, Logan Richardson and Jeremiah Richardson and six great grandchildren: Nathaniel Sapp, Adarius Copeland, Jaylen McCrory, Justin McCrory, Gasmyne Partridge and Myesha Partridge.
Franklin was preceded in death by seven sisters: Mary G. Perryman, Judy Dunn, Bessie Brown, Laura Turner, Effe Lucille McCrory, Barbara Peterson and Dorothy Davis and two brothers: Edward and Samuel McCrory.
A viewing for Franklin will be held Wednesday, October 17, 2018 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM in Theo C. Auman Funeral Home, 247 Penn Street, Reading, Pennsylvania 19601. Home Going Services will occur Wednesday at 11:00 AM in the funeral home. Franklin will fly home to his Georgia family and a viewing will occur Sunday, October 21, 2018 from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm in his hometown at Anderson & Marshall Funeral Home, Inc., 703 Max Anderson Dr., Manchester, GA 31816. Home Going Services will be in Franklin's home church at 11:30am on Monday, October 22, 2018 in St. Paul C.M.E. Church, 3345 Flint Hill Hwy., Shiloh, GA 31826. Franklin will be laid to rest with his kin in St. Paul C.M.E. Church Cemetery, Shiloh, GA.
Fond memories and expressions of sympathy may be shared at www.TheoCAuman.com for the McCrory family.
- Leanour McCrory, Spouse
- Franklin D. McCrory Jr., Son
- Georgia Ann Eady, Daughter
- Deverly Parham, Daughter
- Vivian McCrory, Daughter
- Dexter McCrory, Son
- Pamela Smith, Daughter
- Laverne Wallace, Step-Daughter
- Jason Richardson, Step-Son
- Nivea Ellis, Grandchild
- Christopher McCrory, Grandchild
- Yolanda Partridge, Grandchild
- Jacob McCrory, Grandchild
- Devon McCrory, Grandchild
- Chloe McCrory, Grandchild
- Elijah McCrory, Grandchild
- Danielle McCrory, Grandchild
- Tyres McCrory, Grandchild
- Kacie Callier, Grandchild
- Mekayla Clarke, Grandchild
- Logan Richardson, Grandchild
- Jeremiah Richardson, Grandchild
- Nathaniel Sapp, Great Grandchild
- Adarius Copeland, Great Grandchild
- Jaylen McCrory, Great Grandchild
- Justin McCrory, Great Grandchild
- Gasmyne Partridge, Great Grandchild
- Myesha Partridge, Great Grandchild
- Gloria Harrison, Sister
- Julia Moore, Sister
- Gladys Campbell, Sister
- Franklin is predeceased by his parents, Julian and Georgia Lee (Benning) McCrory; seven sisters: Mary G. Perryman, Judy Dunn, Bessie Brown, Laura Turner, Effe Lucille McCrory, Barbara Peterson and Dorothy Davis and two brothers: Edward and Samuel McCrory.
- Viewing Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Home Going Services Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Viewing Sunday, October 21, 2018
- Home Going Services Monday, October 22, 2018
- Burial Monday, October 22, 2018
Franklin D. McCrory
have a memory or condolence to add?ADD A MEMORY